This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #mixinmoments #CollectiveBias
Three favorites come together into one sweet treat in this Butterfinger Brownie Cheesecake Bars Recipe!
I get inspiration every single day from the food I eat out, or by recipes I stumble across online. It’s the way that most of my own recipes are born. So, when I first saw these new, premium Nestle Toll House Baking Mixes, I knew I had to have them! I got excited as idea after idea popped into my head! They are versatile mixes you can bake as is, or you can add your own special twist to them! If you aren’t able to find these, or don’t want to use them, you can use any brownie mix or recipe you like and mix in crumbled Butterfinger candy.
There are four different Nestle Toll House Baking Mixes: Brownies & More with Butterfinger Bits, Brownies & More with Chocolate Morsels, Cookies & More with Butterfinger Bits, and Cookies & More with Chocolate Morsels. Since every person in my house loves peanut butter and chocolate, I decided to try out the Brownies & More with Butterfinger Baking Bits first. I, myself, have been craving cheesecake lately so it only made sense that I should combine the two.
I decided to use the Nestle Toll House Baking Mix as a “crust” for what I am calling Butterfinger Brownie Cheesecake Bars. You get a full cup of Butterfinger baking bits so I used half in the brownie mix and saved the other half to use as a topping! I wanted a thinner bottom to my bars so I divided the mixture between two 8-inch square pans, but you could totally make them thicker if that’s your preference. I included instructions for both methods down below.
Then. I topped the Butterfinger brownie crust with a no-bake cheesecake that’s super simple to whip up! It’s just four ingredients! Four! I have to tell you, this was so much easier than traditional cheesecake and the final result was delicious!
Finally, I put the remaining Butterfinger baking bits all over the top, pressed them in slightly, and put the whole pan in the refrigerator for about 3 hours before cutting into bars.
The final results were better than I even imagined! I tried the brownie portion by itself and it was amazing even on its own! For me, the cheesecake portion just made it that much better! Two of my favorites combined into one decadent treat?!? Yes, please!
My 9-year-old son, Jaxon, told me he doesn’t like cheesecake. My fiance, Daryl, has told me he doesn’t like it either, nor does he like brownies. Both were still willing to try these Butterfinger Brownie Cheesecake Bars and guess what? Yep! Jaxon said “These are GOOD!” and Daryl’s response was “I guess I like them together?” Yes, yes you do. Because the entire first pan is gone and I only ate two!
I’d definitely encourage you to give these Butterfinger Brownie Cheesecake Bars a try and then explore your own creative side with all the other Nestle Toll House Baking Mixes!
Butterfinger Cheesecake Bars on Brownie Crust
- 1 package brownie mix * I used Duncan Hines Dark Chocolate Fudge 18.2 ounce package
- 1 large egg * may vary depending on brownie mix you use
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil * may vary depending on brownie mix you use
- 1/3 cup water * may vary depending on brownie mix you use
- 8 fun size Butterfinger Bars * crushed, divided
- Preheat oven to 325°F.
- Prepare brownie batter as directed on package (note: the ingredients needed to prepare the brownies may vary from those listed in the ingredients depending on the brand or recipe that you use).
- Mix in 1/2 cup of the crushed Butterfinger bars.
- Spread the batter into an aluminum foil lined 9x13-inch baking pan.
- Bake 20-25 minutes or until the brownies are set and cooked through.
No Bake Cheesecake
- In an electric mixer bowl, beat the cream cheese, sugar, and vanilla extract until well blended. Stir in whipped topping. The batter will be thick.
- Divide the cheesecake batter evenly over the brownies and smooth the top with a spatula.
- Sprinkle on the remaining 1/2 cup of crushed Butterfinger candy and gently press the pieces into the cheesecake layer.
- Refrigerate for 3 hours, or until firm.
- Once set, remove from the pan by lifting up the foil and placing it on a cutting board. Cut into 12 bars.
Tips and Techniques for the Best Butterfinger Cheesecake Brownie Bars
- Line your baking pan with parchment paper or aluminum foil so that the edges extend over the side of the pan. This will make it so much easier for you to remove the bars from the pan before cutting them.
- Set the cream cheese out about an hour before you begin to allow it to come to room temperature.
- Store leftovers, tightly covered in the refrigerator. Use within 5-7 days.