Add a touch more flavor (and a few less carbs) with this easy recipe for Cilantro Lime & Coconut Cauliflower Rice!
This post contains affiliate links for your convenience. See our Disclosure Statement for more information.
And here I bring you yet another cauliflower recipe! I’m not on a strict low-carb diet or anything. I just really love cauliflower. Like, a lot!
This recipe for Cilantro Lime & Coconut Cauliflower Rice is suitable (in moderation) for some low carb dieters! It’s most definitely lower in carbs than traditional rice recipes and super easy to make too! It’s naturally gluten free as well!
I always use a fresh head of cauliflower when making any cauliflower rice recipe. It has less moisture in it than the frozen and it’s really easy to do. You can reference this post on How to Rice Cauliflower, if needed.
It takes about 4-5 cups of riced cauliflower per one can of coconut milk for this recipe. That’s about the amount you will get from a medium to large size head of cauliflower.
I also prefer to use regular canned coconut milk rather than the lite version. I always use Thai Kitchens brand (my personal preference), but you can use whichever brand you like. If you are counting carbs be sure to read the labels and serving sizes. The lime juice will also add a few carbs as well, but this recipe is still far less that if you were to use regular rice.
Simply cook the cauliflower in the coconut milk until tender.
Remove from the heat and stir in the lime and cilantro until well combined then serve.
This Cilantro Lime & Coconut Cauliflower Rice makes a great side dish to many Mexican recipes! I also really love it alongside of Marinated Cuban Pork with some fried plantains! Yum!
Be sure to let me know if you give this recipe a try! Leave a comment below or send me a message anytime!
For more Keto and Low Carb recipes, you can click here to visit the Low Carb section of my Recipe Index or sign up for my Keto and Low Carb Newsletter to get new keto and low carb recipes sent right to your inbox!
Cilantro Lime Cauliflower Rice
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 4 cups riced cauliflower * from one medium head
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 lime * zested
- 1/4 cup cilantro leaves * roughly chopped
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat and add the olive oil.
- Once the oil is hot, add in the cauliflower rice and season with salt and pepper.
- Cook, stirring frequently, for 5-7 minutes or until the cauliflower rice is tender.
- Remove the pan from the heat and stir in the lime zest and cilantro.
- Garnish with additional cilantro, if desired.
Tips and Techniques
- Using fresh cauliflower is best, but frozen can be used. If you use frozen, you will need to add a minute or two to the cooking time.
- Please reference this post on How to Rice Cauliflower, if needed.
- You can cook your cauliflower rice with any method that you prefer. You can check out this post on How to Cook Cauliflower if you’d rather use another method other than the stove top method this recipe details.
- Store leftovers in an airtight container in the refrigerator. Use within 3-4 days.