Coconut, Lime, and Cilantro take this simple Pan-Seared Chicken recipe over the top in deliciousness!
Lately it seems that if a recipe has cilantro in it, I must make it, and devour it. I’m not even kidding. As I’ve been writing up recipe posts for you guys I keep coming across cilantro, cilantro, and more cilantro! I’m going to have to take a break from it soon and mix things up a bit more or I’m going to have to rename the blog, “The Cilantro Diaries.”
You will find other recipes with a similar flavor profile (here and here), but I promise you they are SO good that it’s worth trying them all! I can’t get enough, and I’m hoping you feel the same (at least for now)! My latest creation is this Pan-Seared Chicken with Creamy Coconut Cilantro Lime Sauce.
It sounds like the perfect summer meal, right? While I agree that this would definitely make a great meal in the summer, I made this a couple nights ago when it was around 20 degrees outside, and it was D-E-L-I-C-I-O-U-S!! Not a single bite was leftover! Who says coconut and lime must be reserved for hot weather meals? I totally disagree.
The sauce is really unique! It’s sweet and tangy with just a little hint of spice that makes it different than most other cilantro-lime combinations I’ve tried, or made! The best part is that this recipe is really quick and really easy. Just pick up a few things next time you go grocery shopping and whip this up in no time at all! It is a perfect week night meal!
If I had known I could make food this good so quickly, I probably would have taught myself to cook a lot sooner than I did. So, whether you’re a beginner in the kitchen, or a seasoned pro, you can cook this! And it will taste good! Trust me, the creamy coconut cilantro lime sauce is worth trying! I love to pair it with Creamy Coconut Rice for even more coconut flavor! If you attempt this recipe, leave me a comment and let me know how it goes!
- 6 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- salt and pepper
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil extra virgin
- 2 Cups chicken stock
- 1 lime juiced
- 1 Tablespoon onion powder or 1/2 onion, finely diced
- 2 Tablespoons cilantro leaves chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1 Can coconut milk divided
- 1 Cup brown rice
- Preheat over to 375 degrees F.
- Season chicken breasts with salt and pepper. In a large, oven proof skillet (or Dutch Oven), heat the olive oil over medium-high heat. Add the chicken and cook about 3-4 minutes per side, until golden brown (you will finish cooking the chicken in the oven). Place chicken on a plate and tent with aluminum foil.
- In the same pan, add the chicken stock, lime juice, onion powder (or diced onion), cilantro, and red pepper. Bring to a gentle boil, until reduced by half. Lower the heat and whisk in 1/3 Cup of the coconut milk. Add the chicken back into the pan with the sauce and place in the preheated oven. Cook until chicken is cooked through, about 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a sauce pan, add the remaining coconut milk, 1 and 1/3 Cups of water and the rice. Bring to a boil, reduce heat and cover. Let simmer until the rice is tender.
- To serve place the rice on a plate. Top with chicken and pan sauce. Garnish with fresh cilantro and lime slices if desired.