Dark Chocolate Dipped Peanut Butter Cookies take a classic cookie recipe and make it extra indulgent!
I still remember making my favorite peanut butter cookies with my mom when I was younger. I thought it was so clever to use a fork to make the traditional crisscross design on the top of each cookie.
This post contains affiliate links. See our Disclosure Statement for more information.
To this day, I am still a peanut butter addict. I eat almost as many peanut butter and jelly sandwiches as my 9-year-old! Peanut Butter Pie is my definition of bliss. I have recipes on the blog for Chocolate Peanut Butter Crispy Treats and for Nilla Wafer Sandwiches using peanut butter and chocolate chips, but there’s always room for more. Lots more! But let’s start with these Dark Chocolate Dipped Peanut Butter Cookies, shall we?
When baking, it is always a good idea to have your ingredients out, measured and ready to go. This is simply so you don’t accidentally omit an ingredient or over-mix a batter or dough while running around trying to find things.
Set up your mixer, preheat your oven, and line baking sheets with Silpat mats if you use them (I LOVE mine!).
I think peanut butter cookies are one of the easiest cookie recipes to make. It’s great for beginners and an easy recipe for kids to help with as well.
All you have to do is mix everything together, place the dough on the cookie sheets, make that infamous crisscross pattern with a fork, and bake! You will make the chocolate dip after the cookies are completely cool.
I use crunchy peanut butter to give the cookies an added crunch, but you can use creamy if you prefer.
Now, for the fun part!
Chop the peanuts and melt the dark chocolate chips. Dip each cookie into the melted chocolate about half way. Set on cooling racks or wax paper, sprinkle with the chopped peanuts, and let cool until the chocolate is set.
I like to set these dark Chocolate Dipped Peanut Butter Cookies out on a plate with the un-dipped side facing out so people can grab them without getting the chocolate on their fingers.
Dark Chocolate Dipped Peanut Butter Cookies
Peanut Butter Cookies
Dark Chocolate Dip
- 1 Cup dark chocolate chips
- 1/4 Cup chopped peanuts
- PREP: Set up your mixer, preheat your oven, and line baking sheets with Silpat mats if you use them. Have all your ingredients out and ready to go!
- Combine the butter, sugar, brown sugar, peanut butter and egg in the mixer's bowl and set to low-medium speed. Once combined, add in the baking soda, baking powder, and flour. Wrap the dough in plastic and refrigerate for 1-2 hours.
- Once the dough is chilled, preheat your oven to 375 degrees F. Roll the dough into 1-inch balls and place on the cookie sheet about 2-inches apart. Use a fork to make the crisscross shape into the top if each cookie.
- Bake the cookies for 10-12 minutes. Remove from the baking sheets to a cooling rack and let cool completely.
- After the cookies are completely cool, melt the dark chocolate in a microwave-safe bowl for 1 1/2 minutes on 50% power. Stir. If more time is needed place the bowl back in the microwave for 15 seconds, then stir again.
- Dip each cookie 1/3 of the way into the melted dark chocolate, letting any excess drip off before placing back on the cooling rack or onto a sheet of wax paper. Immediately sprinkle on a pinch of chopped peanuts before the dark chocolate sets.