These Peanut Butter and Banana Egg Rolls are a delicious, fun treat that everyone is sure to love!
This post contains affiliate links for your convenience. See our Disclosure Statement for more information.
Ever since the first time I made my Bacon, Egg, and Cheese Breakfast Egg Rolls, the wheels in my brain have been spinning to come up with other fun, unique, and delicious egg roll variations! The first variation on my list are these Peanut Butter and Banana Egg Rolls!
I decided to fill the egg roll wrappers with ingredients inspired by my favorite panini – peanut butter, bananas, honey, and cinnamon! While they are amazingly delicious on their own, I also included a couple ways to fancy them up a bit at the bottom of this post!
Before you start making the egg rolls, make sure your deep fryer is on and set to preheat to 350 degrees. Have a plate lined with paper towels out and ready for you to empty the cooked egg rolls onto as well.
Set out all the ingredients, including a bowl of water and a silicone brush, any powdered sugar, chocolate sauce, and/or ice cream you plan to serve on the side. Peel and slice the bananas in half and lay out the egg roll wrappers.
To make the egg rolls, spread about a Tablespoon of peanut butter onto each egg roll wrapper. Top the peanut butter with the bananas, then sprinkle on the cinnamon. Drizzle the honey over everything, wrap, and place into your deep fryer basket.
Deep fry the egg rolls for about 2 minutes or until golden brown.
Be sure to let the egg rolls cool some before biting into one! They get really hot inside!
While these Peanut Butter and Banana Egg Rolls are amazing on their own, there are a couple fun ways to turn them into a “fancy” dessert as well!
First, you can stack them onto a plate, sprinkle them with powdered sugar and set them out to serve. You can enjoy these with or without vanilla ice cream.
Second, you can make a Peanut Butter and Banana Egg Rolls Ice Cream Sundae! Place one or two egg rolls on a plate alongside a scoop of vanilla ice cream. Drizzle with honey (or hot fudge) and top with chopped peanuts!
I’m sure there are a ton of other ways to enjoy these Peanut Butter and Banana Egg Rolls! If you have other suggestions, I would love to hear them!
- 4 egg roll wrappers
- 2 medium bananas
- 4 Tablespoons peanut butter
- 4 teaspoons honey
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- PREP: preheat your deep fryer to 350 degrees F. Line a plate with paper towels and set aside. Peel and cut the bananas in half. Have a bowl of water and a silicone brush out, as well as the peanut butter, honey, and cinnamon.
- Lay out the 4 egg rolls wrappers with one corner pointed towards you. Spread one Tablespoon of peanut butter onto the center of each wrapper.
- Lay a half of banana over the peanut butter.
- Drizzle each banana with a teaspoon of honey and add a pinch of cinnamon.
- Wet the edges of the egg roll wrappers with the water. Fold the bottom corner of the egg roll wrapper up over the filling, then fold in the left and right sides, roll and seal the top corner.
- Add the egg rolls to the deep fryer basket and cook for approximately 2 minutes until golden brown. Let cool some before serving.