Festive Chicken Tostadas make a delicious, easy meal on busy weeknights!
This post contains affiliate links -see our Disclosure Statement for more information.
I feel like I say this all the time, but these Festive Chicken Tostadas with Creamy Cilantro Lime Sauce have quickly become one of my favorite dinners! It could be because I am addicted to all things cilantro lime flavored, but it’s most likely because everything about this dish is so good! From the chicken, beans, and corn mixture to the toppings and sauce, it’s all amazing! Everyone in my family loves it and it’s been on the regular rotation here since the first time I ever made it!
Jaxon’s feedback for this dinner was that it was “fresh.” That coming from my 8-year-old made me so proud! It really does have a light, fresh taste with a little zesty zing from the sauce.
Let’s talk more about that sauce! This Creamy Cilantro Lime Sauce is beyond delicious. I’m not even kidding. I’m still blown away at times how easy it is to make food that tastes as good as, or better than, what you get at a restaurant. I haven’t decided what else I’m going to smother in this sauce yet, but it’s going to be making more than just a solo appearance around here for sure!
This recipe just has such a good combination of flavors! And, I have to say, it looks really pretty when it’s all put together too!
Festive Chicken Tostadas
I know that the ingredients list looks really long, but that is only because I make my own taco seasoning. It is a really good taco seasoning recipe though, and works great in the chicken mixture and the sauce for this recipe, as well as for traditional taco recipes. It is much better than a packet, if you ask me, but you can easily omit all of those ingredients and use a single packet of taco seasoning from the store if you would prefer.
If you are going to make your own taco seasoning, you will want to do that before you start cooking. You will also want to cut the chicken into bite-size pieces before you get started, as well.
In a large skillet, add the olive oil and heat to medium high. Add the chicken and half of the taco seasoning. Cook thoroughly until chicken is no longer pink in the center.
Stir in the black beans and corn and cook about 2 minutes until warmed through.
In a small bowl, combine the mayonnaise, sour cream, lime juice, cilantro, and the remaining taco seasoning. Mix well.
To serve, top the tostados with the chicken mixture, lettuce, tomato and cheddar cheese. Add a drizzle of the cilantro lime sauce.
I hope you’ll try these Festive Chicken Tostadas with Creamy Cilantro Lime Sauce! I really don’t think you’ll be disappointed at all! Please let me know what you think! Leave me a comment or send a message anytime!
Festive Chicken Tostadas with Cilantro Lime Sauce
- 1 Tablespoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 Tablespoons extra virgin olive oil extra virgin
- 1 1/2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breasts cubed
- 1/2 Cup black beans canned
- 1/2 Cup corn canned or frozen, thawed
- 1 head romaine lettuce shredded
- 1 medium tomato diced
- 1 Cup cheddar cheese shredded
- 1 package corn tostados
- 1/4 Cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 Cup sour cream
- 1 lime juiced
- 1/8 Cup cilantro minced
- In a small bowl, combine the chili powder, garlic powder, onion powder, red pepper flakes, oregano, paprika, cumin, salt and pepper. Set aside.
- In a large skillet, add the olive oil and heat to medium high. Add the chicken and half of the taco seasoning. Cook thoroughly until chicken is no longer pink in the center. Stir in the black beans and corn and cook about 2 minutes until warmed through.
- In a small bowl, combine the mayonnaise, sour cream, lime juice, cilantro, and the remaining taco seasoning. Mix well.
- To serve, top tostados with the chicken mixture, lettuce, tomato and cheddar cheese. Top with a drizzle of the cilantro lime sauce.