A delicious Curry Chicken Salad that you can eat as a lettuce wrap, on a roll, or even plain out of the bowl it’s so good!
It always seems the things I make for dinner that I am positive no one will really like, are the things that even my 8-year-old child loves. This was 100% true of these Curry Chicken Salad Lettuce Wraps.
The week before I made these, my son, Jaxon, asked me what was for dinner. I was making Coconut Curry Chicken over rice that night. His reply was “I want the curry chicken with the grapes in it!” The curry chicken with the grapes in it is actually these Curry Chicken Salad Lettuce Wraps! I knew my boyfriend really liked them, but had no idea that Jaxon did! He even told me at dinner that this is his fourth favorite meal now! I don’t know why, but when my child likes something I think most kids would not like. it makes me all proud mama!
My favorite recipes are always easy to make, but when you can make them ahead of time and they taste just as good later on, even better! I usually cook the chicken earlier in the day or the night before and cut it up once it cools. After that, it is just a matter of throwing in some pecans, slicing some grapes, and mixing up the dressing which only has a few ingredients. Throw it in the fridge and it’s ready to go whenever you are! Easyyyy!
I always make a big batch when I make these. Because we eat this on lettuce, and it’s all we eat for dinner when I make them, not a bit goes to waste in our house. However, I don’t think most families of four eat quite as much as we do, but the leftovers are great for lunch the next day or two! If you are not gluten free or watching your carb intake, you could eat this on a roll or bread too. Even plain if you want! It’s allllll good!
So if you make these Curry Chicken Salad Lettuce Wraps, I would love your feedback! Leave a comment or send me a message anytime!
Curry Chicken Salad
- Add shredded chicken to a large mixing bowl and stir in the chopped pecans.
- In a smaller bowl mix together the mayonnaise, curry powder, and ground ginger until well blended.
- Mix into the chopped chicken and pecans.
- Gently fold in the grapes.
- Serve as a sandwich, wrap, on lettuce, or as is.
Tips and Techniques for the Best Curry Chicken Salad
- Use leftover chicken or a rotisserie chicken to make the recipe quicker.
- If you need to cook the chicken, an Instant Pot is quickest and makes the chicken super easy to shred.
- Store leftovers in an air-tight container in the refrigerator. Use within 3-4 days.