This post was sponsored by NABISCO as part of an Influencer Activation for Influence Central and all opinions expressed in my post are my own.
Cranberry Walnut Chicken Salad Bites are delicious little bites of sweet, crunchy chicken salad on top of Triscuit crackers. They are perfect for a quick snack or as appetizers for entertaining guests!
It has become a tradition for us to entertain guests in our home during the holidays. When I was younger, my parents would drag my brother and I to every single relatives house in a single day. All the while, we were wishing that we were home to play with our own new toys. I made a promise to myself that I wouldn’t do that to my own children.
So, we do all of our visiting before the holidays. Since some family members don’t mind traveling to see us and our children, we open our home up to them on the actual holiday.
I love this because I don’t get to entertain guests nearly as much as I’d like! I always make a variety of snacks and finger foods to offer, and every year, I try to change things up a bit.
This year, I’m making these Cranberry Walnut Chicken Salad Bites that I serve on Triscuit crackers. This easy recipe takes a simple, classic chicken salad and adds cranberries for sweetness and chopped walnuts for crunch! The flavors all work so well together!
Of course, I do all my shopping at our nearby Walmart. You will find a variety of Triscuit flavors at Walmart to suite everyone’s preferences. I am kind of a “plain Jane.” I grew up eating the original flavor Triscuit crackers. That will always be my favorite flavor, but the Garden Herb variety is really good too – especially with this Cranberry Walnut Chicken Salad Bites recipe!
I was also happy to see that Triscuit crackers are now non-GMO and, as always, baked from 100% whole grain wheat.
For more information and recipes using Triscuit, click HERE!
Enter the Triscuit Holiday Sweepstakes
Enter for a chance to win one of six $50 Walmart Gift Cards or one $200 Walmart Gift Card. The sweepstakes is open from November 19, 2018 to December 19, 2018.
I-C will randomly select seven winners from all program entries and will facilitate fulfillment of the winning prizes.
How to Make Cranberry Walnut Chicken Salad Bites
To make this Cranberry Walnut Chicken Salad Bites recipes super easy, I recommend shredding leftover chicken or a rotisserie chicken. However, if neither of those is an option, you will need to cook the chicken first. I will usually do this in a pressure cooker to save time and make it super easy to shred.
In a medium size bowl, add the chicken, mayonnaise, dried cranberries, and walnuts.
Mix until well combined. If needed, add more mayonnaise until the Cranberry Walnut Chicken Salad just holds together.
Top 20 Triscuit crackers with a spoonful of the Cranberry Walnut Chicken Salad.
You can sprinkle on a little minced parsley for garnish, if desired.
Cranberry Walnut Chicken Salad Bites Video
Tips and Techniques
- Make this Cranberry Walnut Chicken Salad Bites recipe even more simple by using leftover chicken or a rotisserie chicken.
- If you need to cook the chicken ahead of time, using a pressure cooker will make the process quicker and the chicken with practically fall apart!
- The Cranberry Walnut Chicken Salad can be made ahead of time and stored in the refrigerator. It is recommended to top the Triscuit cracker just shortly before serving.
- Store any leftover Cranberry Walnut Chicken Salad in an air-tight container in the refrigerator. Use within 3-5 days.
More Triscuit Recipe Inspiration
Looking for a little more Triscuit recipe ideas? Check these out:
Cranberry Walnut Chicken Salad Bites
- Combine the shredded chicken, mayonnaise, dried cranberries, and chopped walnuts in a medium size bowl. Mix well.
- Top each cracker with a spoonful of the Cranberry Walnut Chicken Salad.
- Garnish with minced parsley, if desired.