This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Oregon Chai®. The opinions and text are all mine.
Chai Spice Pumpkin Coffee Cake combines the warm, spiciness of chai tea with sweet pumpkin cake. It’s the perfect treat to indulge in on cool fall days!
I couldn’t wait for pumpkin season to get here this year! Each year I try to come up with new ways to use pumpkin in sweet recipes and this year I’ve got quite a few!
This Chai Spice Pumpkin Coffee Cake is a fun little twist that uses another favorite of mine – chai tea! That’s right! You will find chai spice flavor in the cake itself, as well as in the crumb topping.
A chai tea latte made with Oregon Chai® Tea Latte Concentrate from Target is my go-to hot beverage when I get to take a break from my very crazy schedule to relax and enjoy some much needed “me time.” It’s like an indulgent little treat just for me and I am all for taking as much “me time” as possible this fall! Plus, going to Target is like “me time” in itself! Who doesn’t love that place?!
Oregon Chai Tea Concentrate is organic, non-GMO Project Verified, and so delicious when made with milk.
The brand has a reputation of being good for the earth and the community. You can read their story and learn more about Oregon Chai on their website. Be sure to check out some of the other delicious recipes made with Oregon Chai!
How to Make Chai Spice Pumpkin Coffee Cake
Preheat your oven to 350°F.
Grease or butter the inside of a 13 x 9-inch cake pan or you can use two 8-inch pans.
Combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt in a small bowl and mix well. Set aside.
Cream the butter and sugar together in an electric mixer.
Add the eggs one at a time, mixing well after each addition.
Slowly add the Oregon Chai Tea Latte Concentrate, milk, pumpkin puree, and Oregon Chai Tea Latte Powdered Mix.
Gradually add the flour mixture a little at a time until everything is well blended.
Spread the batter evenly into the prepared cake pan or pans.
In the same bowl that you used for the flour mixture, add all of the ingredients for the crumb topping. Mash with a fork until moist crumbles form.
Sprinkle the crumbs evenly over the cake batter.
Bake for approximately 35-40 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
Allow the cake to cool before cutting into 12 squares.
I hope you enjoy this recipe!
Pumpkin Chai Coffee Cake
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease or butter the inside of a 13 x 9-inch cake pan or two 8-inch pans.
- Combine the flour, chai spices, baking powder, baking soda, and salt in a small bowl and set aside.
- Cream the butter and sugar together in an electric mixer.
- Add the eggs one at a time. Slowly add the milk and pumpkin puree.
- Gradually add the flour mixture a little at a time until everything is well blended.
- Spread the batter evenly into the prepared cake pan.
- In the same bowl used for the flour mixture, mash together the flour, brown sugar, butter, and chai spices for the topping with a fork until moist crumbles form.
- Sprinkle the crumbs evenly over the cake batter.
- Bake for approximately 35-40 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Let cool before serving.
Chai Spice BlendIf you want to make your own chai spice blend, mix together the following spices:
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
Tips and Techniques
- Be sure to use pureed pumpkin, not pumpkin pie filling.
- Store leftover coffee cake, tightly wrapped with plastic wrap in the refrigerator. Use within 1 week.