These Breakfast Egg Rolls are a fun and delicious breakfast! They are easy to make and can be stored in the freezer to be made as needed!
This post may contain affiliate links. See our Disclosure Statement for more information.
I love egg rolls. Whenever we get Chinese take-out, I always order two! I justify it by telling myself that I am just making up for all the years I lived out West, where egg rolls are nothing like they are here on the East Coast! I would never even think for a second that I could make a traditional Chinese egg roll just as good myself. No way. But, filling those crispy little wrappers with all kinds of other good stuff and making them my own? You bet. I’ve got tons of ideas, but first up…Breakfast Egg Rolls!!
I honestly have no idea why in the world I decided that stuffing my breakfast into an egg roll wrapper and deep frying it would be a good idea, but let me tell you…it was a good idea!
The Breakfast Egg Rolls I made for this post are filled with bacon, scrambled eggs, and cheese. You can also use sausage, or if your from around my part of the country and have a thing for scrapple, go for it! I would even consider using leftover steak! I used my new deep fryer to fry mine and those instructions are included in the recipe below. You could use a wok with oil, or a frying pan instead.
Breakfast Egg Rolls Recipe
There is a bit of prep work to this recipe. You will need to cook your bacon and crumble it. Then, preheat your deep fryer and get all the other ingredients out and ready to go.
First, you’re going to need to make the filling. It’s okay if it gets a little cold while you’re wrapping the egg rolls, they will be plenty hot once they are done frying!
Now, the fun part! Wrapping them! It’s easier than you think. Just make sure you wet the edges of the wrapper before you start.
All done and ready to fry!
Before you even think to ask, YES! You can freeze these! Just wrap them up air tight before you fry them. I’ve got some in my freezer already for busy mornings! I will put them in the refrigerator the night before to defrost before frying them in the morning.
I also think these Breakfast Egg Rolls would be such a fun surprise for the kids, especially for breakfast after a sleepover! I’m not saying the adults won’t enjoy them too though, because I sure do!
Have you ever made any unique Egg Rolls? If you give these Breakfast Egg Rolls a try, I’d love to hear from you!
If you like this recipe, take a look at these Peanut Butter and Banana Egg Rolls!
Breakfast Egg Rolls with Meat, Egg and Cheese
- 1 teaspoon butter
- 4 eggs
- 4 slices bacon (or meat of your choice) cooked, and crumbled
- 1/2 Cup cheddar cheese shredded
- 5 egg roll wrappers
- Add the butter to a medium frying pan, over medium heat. Crack the eggs into a small bowl and scramble. Pour into the frying pan.
- Sprinkle the cheese and crumbled bacon onto the top of the eggs and stir to combine until the eggs are cooked through.
- Lay an egg roll wrapper on a flat surface so that one point is facing you. Brush the edges with water. Place approximately 3 Tablespoons of the egg mixture onto the center of the wrapper. Fold the bottom point up, then fold the two side points in. Roll the egg roll away from you and seal the top point with more water, if needed.
- Heat the oil in a deep fryer to 350 degrees F. Arrange the egg rolls in the frying basket so that they don't overlap. Lower into the oil and fry under golden brown, approximately 3-4 minutes. Drain on paper towels. Let cool before serving.