This recipe for Fluffy Blueberry Pancakes uses vanilla creamer to give you moist, sweet pancakes with bursts of blueberry in every bite!
This post contains affiliate links. See our Disclosure Statement for more information.
I’m not so sure there is such a thing as the perfect pancake for me. I like fluffy pancakes, but I also don’t mind if they aren’t super fluffy either. I guess I’m just happy as long as they taste really good!
However, I know some of you prefer the fluffiest pancakes you can find, so that’s what I’m giving you with this Fluffy Blueberry Pancakes recipe! These babies came out super fluffed up and the flavor is unbelievable good!
I sometimes use flavored coffee creamer in recipes for baked goods, to up the flavor and moisture. In this recipe I use vanilla flavor coffee creamer, so I suppose that you could call these Blueberry Vanilla Pancakes as well. Both of those flavors really shine through.
If you don’t have creamer or prefer to use milk, you can.
Fluffy Blueberry Pancakes
Have all of your ingredients out and ready to go. Rinse the blueberries and remove any stems.
Combine the flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt in a medium size bowl. Stir to combine.
Make a well in the middle of the flour mixture and add the egg, vanilla creamer, and vanilla extract.
Whisk until everything is just combined and smooth. Gently fold in the blueberries. Set aside to rest while you preheat your griddle or pan.
I find that using a little bit lower heat (300°F on my griddle) makes it so these pancakes cook all the way through without getting too dark on the outside.
Scoop out the batter by 1/4 Cupful per pancake and place on the griddle. Cook until lightly golden on the bottom and bubbles just start appearing on top. Flip and cook a minute or two more until the bottom is golden as well. Remove from the griddle.
Stack up a few pancakes and top with butter, maple syrup, and/or more blueberries!
If you really want to take the blueberry flavor over the top, try topping these Fluffy Blueberry Pancakes with my recipe for Perfect Blueberry Sauce!
Fluffy Blueberry Pancakes
- Combine the flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt in a medium size bowl. Stir to combine.
- Make a well in the middle of the flour mixture and add the egg, vanilla creamer, and vanilla extract. Whisk until everything is just combined and smooth.
- Gently fold in the blueberries, then set aside to rest while you preheat your griddle or pan to 300°F.
- Scoop out 1/4 cup of the batter per pancake and place on the griddle.
- Cook until lightly golden on the bottom and bubbles just start appearing on top.
- Flip and cook 2-3 more minutes or until the bottom is golden as well.
Tips and Techniques for the Best Fluffy Blueberry Pancakes
- Try vanilla coffee creamer instead of milk to give these pancakes added sweetness with a hint of vanilla.
- These pancakes are cooked at a lower temperature to allow the center to cook fully without the outside getting too dark.
- Top these pancakes with butter, maple syrup, or even Blueberry Sauce for even more blueberry flavor!
- Do you cut blueberries for pancakes? There is no need to cut the blueberries that you use in pancakes.
- Can you freeze pancakes? Yes. Freeze pancakes with a sheet of wax paper between each one. Use within 1-2 months for the best results.