Sometimes switching things up a bit turns out to be a delicious decision! That is most definitely the case when I took a break from my beloved peanut butter to develop this Amazing No-Bake Sesame Vanilla Oat Bars recipe!
I was given three jars of Simply Sesame complimentary in order to create an original recipe for the Simply Sesame Blogger Recipe Challenge. All content and photos are 100% my own. This post contains affiliate links. See our Disclosure Statement for more information.
I have only ever used sesame butter in hummus recipes. I’ve also enjoyed my fair share of sesame chicken. For this recipe challenge, I chose to use it in a way I never had before – in a dessert!
I love peanut butter and eat it almost every single day. I’ve probably eaten more peanut butter and jelly sandwiches for lunch than any other meal, even as an adult! It’s also the star in countless desserts! Peanut Butter Pie, Peanut Butter Cupcakes, Peanut Butter Ice Cream! It’s everywhere! But, sometimes a little change is good too! A spin on the classic that’s equally delicious! That was my goal when creating these No-Bake Sesame Vanilla Oat Bars. They had to be delicious, yet different. And of course, they had to be amazing!
Making these No-Bake Sesame Vanilla Oat Bars is super easy! It’s just a matter of melting some butter in a pan, and gradually mixing in all the remaining ingredients until you get a stiff batter. Then all you have to do is spread the batter into a pan, top with mini chocolate chips if you so desire (I highly recommend it!), and finally, refrigerate them for a few hours.
You can serve No-Bake Sesame Vanilla Oat Bars at your holiday gatherings, kid’s parties, bake sales, or just because! They make a great little treat after dinner too!
Simply Sesame comes in three different flavors: Vanilla with Almond Bits, Pistachio & a Hint of Cardamom, and Roasted Sesame. You can order it straight from Amazon.com, then be sure to try out my No-Bake Sesame Vanilla Oat Bars recipe! I promise you that you will be surprised how delicious a little change can be!
- 1/2 Cup butter
- 1 Cup sugar
- 1/2 Cup milk
- 1/2 Cup Simply Sesame in Vanilla with Almond Bits Flavor
- 3 1/2 Cups old fashioned oats
- 1/4 Cup mini chocolate chips *optional
- Melt butter in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Stir in the sugar, milk, and Simply Sesame until well-blended and smooth. Mix in the oats a 1/2 cup at a time, until the mixture is stiff (you can add more oats if needed).
- Line a square baking pan with parchment paper leaving extra paper over the sides of the pan. Spread the oat mixture into the pan, pressing it in evenly. Top with mini chocolate chips, if desired.
- Refrigerate until firm, about 4 hours. To cut, lift the bars out of the pan with the parchment paper, place on a cutting board, and cut into 9 bars. Store any extras in the refrigerator.