Try these Pulled Chicken Tacos with Spicy Mango-Lime Chutney for a sweet and spicy dinner!
I’ve been more than obsessed with using fruit in main dishes lately. Especially mango. I never even liked mango until recently, and now I can’t get enough! Thankfully they are easy to find and not that expensive because I’m buying them all the time! I’ve used diced mango in a few different “bowl” dinners, and they go really well with Cuban seasoned pork, but I wanted to try something different. I decided to make Pulled Chicken Tacos and topped them with a Spicy Mango-Lime Chutney!
Pulled Chicken Tacos
I used my slow cooker to make the pulled chicken. I just tossed in a couple pounds of chicken breasts and seasoned them with a homemade taco seasoning. You could totally use a packet of store bought taco seasoning to make it even easier, I just prefer to make my own and included the ingredients for mine in the recipe below in case you want to try it too. You may need to add a little water to the slow cooker to keep the chicken from getting too dry.
This post contains affiliate links. See our Disclosure Statement for more information.
The Spicy Mango-Lime Chutney is really easy to toss together as well! I used diced mangos (check out THIS handy tool!), fresh lime juice, cilantro, and chili peppers. I went back and forth between chili peppers and jalapenos and ended up going with the chili peppers. The jalapenos would be amazing as well! Just remember to remove the seeds if you don’t want the chutney to be too spicy! I also left some pepper-free for my 8-year-old son.
Making the tacos is so easy! Toss some of the chicken into a soft tortilla or crunchy taco shell and top with the mangos – done! You can make the Spicy Mango-Lime Chutney ahead of time and store it in the refrigerator so this works great as a weeknight dinner.
The recipe below has everything you need to make these Pulled Chicken Tacos with Mango-Lime Chutney, including all the ingredients for a homemade taco seasoning. If you decide to go with a store bought packet, just omit that step. I hope you enjoy them!!
Pulled Chicken Tacos with Mango Salsa
- Place the chicken into a slow cooker.
- Combine the chili powder, paprika, cumin, oregano, garlic powder, onion powder, and salt. Sprinkle over the chicken.
- Cook on low for 4-6 hours or until the chicken is cooked through and pulls apart easily. Shred the chicken with two forks.
- Place the shredded pulled chicken into a tortilla or crunchy taco shell and top with the Mango Salsa or serve as desired.
Tips and Techniques
- You can use a store-bought packet of taco seasoning. Homemade is always best.
- To make this recipe more mild, you can make a pepper-free version of the Mango Salsa or top the chicken with traditional taco toppings. The recipe will be more kid-friendly, as well.
- To make this recipe gluten free, use gluten free tortillas or taco shells.
- To make this recipe low carb, omit the mango salsa and use low carb tortillas with traditional taco toppings like cheese, lettuce, and sour cream.
- Store leftovers in an air-tight container in the refrigerator. Use within 3 days.