Simplify your mornings with this delicious Blueberry Overnight Oats recipe! There is a touch of cinnamon and vanilla in each bite!
This post contains affiliate links. See our Disclosure Statement for more information.
Overnight oats are a great breakfast option for when you simply don’t have a lot of time. Mornings are so crazy now-a-days and far too many of us are skipping breakfast for no other reason other than we’re simply too rushed! You can make a serving or two of overnight oats at night, and have a delicious breakfast ready for you in the morning. These oats are so versatile and can even be taken on-the-go!
My Peanut Butter and Banana Overnight Oats recipe is one of the most popular recipes on this blog. It’s downright delicious! However, if you prefer a lighter oatmeal, or just love blueberries, then these Blueberry Overnight Oats are definitely worth trying!
This recipe uses unsweetened vanilla almond milk to add a hint of vanilla in each bite, however, you can use any milk that you prefer. I also add a touch of cinnamon for some warm spiciness, flax seeds, and maple syrup (or agave). You can easily adjust all of the flavors to your own personal preferences.
Blueberry Overnight Oats
All you really need to do to prepare to make this recipe is rinse off the blueberries and gently pat them dry.
In a bowl or mason jar combine the rolled oats, flax (or chia) seeds, and cinnamon. Mix well. Pour in the unsweetened vanilla almond milk (or milk of your choice) and the maple syrup. Stir until well combined. Gently mix in the blueberries. Cover and refrigerate at least 6 hours.
You can top off these oats with added blueberries and maple syrup, if desired.
TIP: if you forget to make your oats the night before, you can replace the rolled oats with quick oats. Let the oatmeal sit for about an hour and it’s good to go! The texture will be slightly different, but the flavor will be just as good!
Blueberry Overnight Oats
- Mix the old-fashioned rolled oats, flax seeds, and cinnamon in a bowl or mason jar.
- Thoroughly mix in the vanilla almond milk and maple syrup (or agave), then gently fold in the blueberries.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least 6 hours.
- Add more blueberries and maple syrup before serving, if desired.
Tips and Techniques
- If you forget to make your oats the night before, you can replace the rolled oats with quick oats. Let the oatmeal sit for about an hour and it's good to go. The texture will be slightly different, but the flavor will be just as good.
- Increase ratio of milk to oats for thinner oatmeal. You can use up to 1 cup of milk.
- Overnight oats can be stored, tightly covered, in the refrigerator for up to 5 days. They are a great option for weekly meal prep.