Summer is the perfect time of year to serve up these Cheddar Bacon Corn Fritters!
I love corn! We literally live smack in the middle of two farms and have countless other farms surrounding the area. Fresh corn is available everywhere you turn! And while corn-on-the-cob is always on regular rotation, Cheddar Bacon Corn Fritters make switching things up a good thing too! A really good thing! If fresh corn isn’t available, canned can be used as well!
This post contains affiliate links. See our Disclosure Statement for more information.
These Cheddar Bacon Corn Fritters are sweet and smoky! They make a great appetizer for summer entertaining. I like to make them with leftover bacon from breakfast and eat them for lunch sometimes too!
They are really good on their own, but you can pair them with a dip or spread as well. There are two I would recommend. The first is Roasted Garlic Aioli. If you have an extra 45 minutes to roast garlic, this dip is amazing! Any leftover can be used on wraps or sandwiches, or as a vegetable dip.
The other is a Creamy Cilantro Lime Sauce that is part of my recipe for Festive Chicken Tostadas. This stuff is so good! You can use a half of a packet of taco seasoning or make your own like in the directions. It comes together really quickly.
Kids love these fritters as much as the adults do! They are vegetarian and naturally gluten free as well!
Fritters are actually pretty easy to make once you get the batter to the right consistency.
You will need a bowl, spoon, measuring cups and spoons, a frying pan, spatula and all your ingredients. If you are not using leftover bacon, you will need to cook and crumble a couple pieces.
Mix all of the ingredients for the corn fritters in a medium bowl. If the batter isn’t sticking together enough to form into patties, gradually add a little more corn meal.
Heat enough olive to cover the bottom of your frying pan over medium heat. Scoop out about 1/4 Cup of batter and form into a tight ball, then flatten some to form the fritters.
Add the corn fritters to the hot oil and cook for 2-3 minutes until golden brown. Carefully flip and repeat on the other side.
Add the fritters to a serving tray and serve with a dip, if desired.
We hope these Cheddar Bacon Corn Fritters make your summer a bit more tasty!
Cheddar Bacon Corn Fritters
- 1 15oz can corn, drained or 1 1/2 Cups fresh corn
- 2 slices bacon cooked and crumbled
- 3/4 Cup corn meal
- 2 eggs lightly beaten
- 1/4 Cup cheddar cheese shredded
- salt and pepper to taste
- extra virgin olive oil for frying
- Mix the corn, bacon, corn meal, eggs, cheese, salt, and pepper together in a medium bowl.
- Heat olive oil over medium heat in a medium skillet. Scoop out about 1/4 Cup of the corn mixture and pack into a tight ball. Flatten and place in the hot oil. If the cakes are not sticking together, gradually add more corn meal.
- Cook 2-3 minutes until the bottom is golden brown, then carefully flip and repeat on the opposite side.
- Serve. See recipe notes below for two dip options!