This Baked Salmon with Crispy Lemon Garlic Topping takes only 10-15 minutes to make from start to finish and is bursting with lemony crispy flavor!
This post contains affiliate links. See our Disclosure Statement for more information.
A few nights ago, I had intended to make a Thai Sweet Chili Salmon recipe (and eventually did here), but the store was sold out of the Sweet Chili Sauce I needed and I had no idea what I would need to attempt to make my own version . They always seem to be out of the most random things lately, and it seems to take weeks before those random things show up back on the shelves. I know we live in the middle of nowhere (or at least it feels like it), but civilization is not that far away.
Daryl and I both said for our next home, we must be close to a Whole Foods (or similar store) where we can find the types of foods we prefer to eat. At this point I’d settle for a store where I can find apples without bruises and a head of cauliflower when I need it. Seriously.
Anyway, after not having any luck at the store, I figured I’d just poke around my cabinets and likely end up doing a basic garlic herb salmon instead, but I came up with something even better! Baked Salmon with Crispy Lemon Garlic Topping!
I know I say it often, but this recipe is yet another super quick and easy one! It literally takes 5 minutes to put together and 10-15 minutes to cook. I made the topping with ingredients most people probably have in their pantry, so it’s another perfect choice for week night meals. It’s also low in carbohydrates and can easily be made gluten free by using gluten free bread crumbs instead of regular (which is what I did). I just love when we can eat healthy and still have tons of flavor! If you like garlic and lemon and all things crispy, you will love this topping!
I still can’t get Jaxon to eat fish, even with this amazingly good topping I created, but I’m not giving up yet! He tried a piece of it that I had picked off and told me it was gross (after questioning me a few times as to if there was fish mixed in or not)! I think he’s just afraid I’m going to try to trick him into eating fish. Ha! Guess what he ate instead? Yup! Chicken nuggets. He really does eat pretty healthy for the most part. He just won’t eat fish or anything super spicy. The rest of us really enjoyed it though. Baked Salmon with Crispy Lemon Garlic Topping is definitely another recipe I’ve put on the “regular rotation” list for us!
I tend to always pair salmon with either broccoli or asparagus and brown rice. They are just my go-to’s but I’d love other suggestions! If you make this, leave a comment and let me know what you think!
- 4 4 oz salmon fillets
- 1/4 Cup bread crumbs *can use gluten free
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 Tablespoon parsley, dried
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 2 Tablespoons butter melted
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Place salmon fillets in the bottom of a baking dish.
- In a small bowl combine the bread crumbs, salt, pepper, parsley, garlic, and lemon juice. Add the melted butter and stir to combine. Mixture should be wet and thick.
- Place even amounts of the mixture on to the top of the fillets and use your fingers to press it down and spread it evenly to cover the top of the fillet.
- Bake for 10 minutes, then turn on the broiler and broil for 2-5 minutes longer, keeping a close eye on it, until the topping gets crispy and the fish is cooked thoroughly.