This Sweet Chili Salmon recipe, with only 4 ingredients, makes dinner quick, easy, and simply delicious!
This post contains affiliate links. See our Disclosure Statement for more information.
Whenever I make my infamous coconut shrimp recipe, we dip them in sweet chili sauce. I figured if this sauce pairs so well with shrimp, then it would probably be really delicious on other types of seafood as well!
Salmon is my usual go-to when I’m in the mood for fish. It’s pretty versatile, so there’s a lot you can do with it and it will still taste amazing. Plus, it’s so super healthy for you!
I have to say, basting salmon in a slightly modified sweet chili sauce turned out to be a great idea! In addition to being really flavorful, the time and effort that you need to make it is minimal! It’s basically ready to eat in about 15 minutes! What could be more perfect for a busy weeknight?!
This recipe uses a bottled sweet chili sauce (I use this one) so you will only need 4 ingredients on hand to make this Sweet Chili Salmon!
Sweet Chili Salmon
Rinse off your salmon fillets and place them on a sheet pan, skin side down.
Zest and juice the lime, and roughly chop the cilantro.
Preheat your oven to 400°F.
In a small bowl, mix together the sweet chili sauce, about 1/2 teaspoon of the lime juice, and the lime zest.
Brush evenly onto the salmon fillets.
Bake for about 10 minutes, until the salmon meat flakes away easily with a fork.
Top the salmon with the chopped cilantro. This Sweet Chili Salmon recipe goes great with rice (try my easy Coconut Rice recipe!) and vegetables!
Sweet Chili Salmon
- 4 salmon fillets
- 1/4 cup sweet chili sauce
- 1 lime * zested and juiced
- 1/2 teaspoon lime juice
- 1/4 cup cilantro * roughly chopped
- Preheat your oven to 400°F.
- Rinse off your salmon fillets, pat them dry with paper towels, and place them on a sheet pan, skin side down.
- In a small bowl, mix together the sweet chili sauce, about 1/2 teaspoon of the lime juice, and the lime zest.
- Brush the sauce evenly onto the salmon fillets.
- Bake for about 10 minutes, or until the salmon turns opaque and the meat flakes away easily with a fork.
Tips and Techniques for the Best Sweet Chili Salmon
- Use fresh cilantro and limes for the best flavor.
- This Sweet Chili Salmon recipe pairs great with rice (try my easy Coconut Rice recipe) and vegetables.
- Store leftover salmon in an air-tight container in the refrigerator. Use within 3 days.