Mini Low Carb Cucumber Bites are an easy appetizer to make for any occasion!
There is just something about Spring that makes me want all the cucumber and cream cheese snacks I can get! Maybe it’s the freshness of the cucumbers and herbs. Or, it could just be the lightness of this tasty combination. Whatever it is, I like it.
These Mini Low Carb Cucumber Bites are one of my favorite snacks. By not using crackers, they are naturally low carb and gluten free!
I will make the herbed cream cheese ahead of time and store it in the refrigerator. Then, whenever I need a snack, I just cut a cucumber into slices and top them with a bit of the cream cheese. It’s so easy!
Of course, if you are serving these at a party or gathering, you might when them to be a little fancier. Using a piping bag and tip, you can make the cream cheese “prettier, but it will need to be super soft. You can also use a small cooking cutter on the cucumber slices to give them fancier edges, if you wish, as well.
Mini Low Carb Cucumber Bites
You will want to set your cream cheese out ahead of time so that it can come to room temperature. This will make it so much easier to mix once you get started!
Mince the chives, basil, parsley, and garlic.
Peel the cucumber, if desired, and then cut it into 20 even slices.
In a small bowl, add the cream cheese, minced herbs, and garlic. Mash everything together with a fork until it is well combined.
Spread the cream cheese evenly onto all of the cucumber slices.
Top with more fresh herbs and smoked paprika, if desired.
I usually just set these out on a serving tray or pretty plates and sprinkle more fresh herbs around them.
For more Keto and Low Carb recipes, you can click here to visit the Low Carb section of my Recipe Index or sign up for my Keto and Low Carb Newsletter to get new keto and low carb recipes sent right to your inbox!
Low Carb Cucumber Bites with Herb Cream Cheese
- 1 Tablespoon fresh chives * minced
- 1 Tablespoon fresh basil * minced
- 1 Tablespoon fresh parsley * minced
- 1 clove garlic * minced
- 1 cucumber
- 4 ounces cream cheese * at room temperature
- Mince the chives, basil, parsley, and garlic. Peel the cucumber, if desired, and then cut it into 20 even slices.
- In a small bowl, add the cream cheese, minced herbs, and garlic. Mash everything together with a fork until it is well combined.
- Spread the cream cheese evenly onto all of the cucumber slices.
- Top with additional fresh herbs, if desired.
Tips and Techniques for the Best Cucumber Bites
- Be sure to set the cream cheese out ahead of time so that it can softened. This will make it so much easier to mix and spread onto the slices of cucumber.
- You can use a piping bag and tip to make the cucumber bites a bit fancier. Just be sure that the cream cheese is really soft and the piping tip isn’t too narrow.
- Store extra cream cheese tightly covered in the refrigerator. Cucumbers are best when sliced right before eating them. They tend to go bad faster once peeled and sliced.