This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and Diageo. All opinions are mine alone. The following content is intended for readers who are 21 or older. #CollectiveBias #thewhiskey5
Bacon Wrapped Barbecue Beef Bites make a great appetizer for entertaining, especially when paired with a perfectly matched whiskey!
We definitely know a thing or two about appetizer recipes around here. They are actually one of my favorite types of recipes to create. Sure we like to serve them when we have company or at parties, but that’s not all! They are great when watching the big game, or a movie, and sometimes I’ll make a few different appetizers and we enjoy them for dinner!
What I am not all that familiar with is alcohol and drink recipes. This is actually an area of food and drink that my fiancé and I have decided we need to learn more about. We decided to start with a whiskey to pair with this recipe I created for Bacon Wrapped Barbecue Beef Bites.
If I were to have just walked into a liquor store to buy whiskey, I would have been overwhelmed by all the choices. Instead, before heading out to the store, I visited www.Whiskey5.com to find my flavor match. All I had to do was choose two flavor preferences, slide the toggles to the amount of each flavor I prefer, and click “Get Results!”
My flavor match turned out to be Smoky – a deep flavor with a powerful lingering smoky sweet from the intensely rich fruit zest and spicy oak tannins.
Once I had my flavor match, I was given a whiskey recommendation to best suit my tastes. There were also a few related whiskey recommendations that could work well for me too! I decided to purchase George Dickel No. 8 and I must say, it is the perfect accompaniment to this recipe!
Bacon Wrapped Barbecue Beef Bites
You will need to cube your beef into bite-sized pieces and cut the bacon into thirds.
Wrap each beef cube with a piece of the bacon and secure with a toothpick.
Then, place the beef cubes on a baking rack and baste with the barbecue sauce.
Bake for 5-20 minutes or until the beef is cooked through. If needed, you can place the beef cubes under the broiler for a couple of minutes to crisp the bacon more.
Spread some extra barbecue sauce onto a serving tray and place the beef bites into the sauce. Be sure to leave the toothpicks upright so that they are easy for guests to grab and enjoy!
I hope you love these Bacon Wrapped Barbecue Beef Bites!
For more Keto and Low Carb recipes, you can click here to visit the Low Carb section of my Recipe Index or sign up for my Keto and Low Carb Newsletter to get new keto and low carb recipes sent right to your inbox!
Bacon Wrapped Barbecue Beef Bites
- 1 pound beef * cut into 1" cubes
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 12 ounces bacon * cut into thirds (you may have extra)
- 1/4 cup barbecue sauce * plus extra for serving
- Preheat your oven to 425°F.
- Cut the beef into cubes that are approximately 1" in size and season with the salt and pepper. Cut the bacon slices into thirds.
- Wrap each cube of beef in a third of a slice of bacon. Secure with a toothpick.
- Place the beef bites onto a baking sheet or rack and baste with half of the barbecue sauce.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes, turning and basting with the remaining barbecue sauce halfway through, or until the beef is cooked through.
- For crispier bacon, place the tray under the broiler for 1-3 minutes, keeping a close eye to make sure nothing burns.
- Serve with extra barbecue sauce , if desired.
Tips and Techniques for the Best Bacon Wrapped Barbecue Beef Bites
- Use a tender cut of beef for the best results. The most tender cuts of beef come from the tenderloin, but are typically the most expensive – think filet mignon. Other tender cuts are flat iron, New York strip, porterhouse, and T-bone.
- To make this recipe low carb and keto-friendly, choose a low or sugar free barbecue sauce. I use G Hughes brand.
- Store leftover beef bites in an air-tight container in the refrigerator. Use within 3-4 days.