This Bruschetta Chicken and Pasta recipes tops pan seared or grilled chicken with a traditional bruschetta. The Garlic Breadcrumbs make it more fun!
This Bruschetta Chicken and Pasta recipe is one of my favorite dishes to make. I don’t know what it is about this particular combination of ingredients, but I loooove the smell of the tomatoes and basil and garlic all mixed together as I’m preparing this dish! Tomatoes aren’t even one of my favorite foods, until you add some other stuff and call it bruschetta! No one complains on nights I make this for dinner!
I prefer to pan sear or grill the chicken, rather than bread it. Instead, I used the garlic breadcrumbs on top of the brushetta to add a traditional feel to the dish. The bruschetta itself is literally just tomatoes, basil, garlic and balsamic vinegar – very typical! You can even just make the bruschetta to use over slices of toasted baguette as well. Fresh is most definitely best for any bruschetta recipe!
This is actually a pretty easy dish to make, but you can save yourself some time by making the breadcrumbs ahead of time and dicing up the tomatoes and basil. Just keep the tomato mixture in the fridge until you’re ready to use it. Then, it’s just a matter of cooking the chicken and pasta, while warming up the tomatoes!
I feel like there are probably a bunch of Bruschetta Chicken and Pasta recipes out there, but this one is so delicious, and a little more fun to eat with the extra crunch from the Garlic Breadcrumbs!
I’d love to know what you think! Send a message or leave a comment!
If you like this recipe, you may also want to try:
Jalapeno Popper Chicken Pasta – the appetizer becomes the meal!
Coconut Curry Chicken – a personal favorite of mine!
Bruschetta Chicken and Pasta with Garlic Breadcrumbs
- 1 teaspoon extra virgin olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1/4 Cup seasoned bread crumbs *gluten free if necessary
- 1 Tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts or tenders
- salt and pepper
- 1/2 pound fettucine pasta
- To prepare the Garlic Breadcrumbs, heat a teaspoon of olive oil in a small frying pan. Add the garlic and cook for about 1 minute. Add the breadcrumbs and cook another 2-3 minutes until golden. Place in a bowl and set aside to cool.
- Start preparing your pasta according the directions of the package.
- Combine the diced tomatoes and basil in a medium bowl. Heat a medium skillet over medium heat and add the teaspoon of olive oil to coat the bottom of the pan. Add the garlic and cook about 1 minute. Add the tomatoes, basil and balsamic vinegar. Heat through.
- To cook the chicken, add 1 Tablespoon of olive oil to a medium skillet and cook the chicken until golden brown on both sides and no longer pink in the middle, about 4-5 minutes per side (longer for larger cuts of chicken).
- To serve, place some of the pasta in a bowl, top with chicken, bruschetta, and breadcrumbs. Serve.