Coconut Chai Tea Latte
This recipe for Coconut Chai Tea Latte is a simple way to take a basic chai tea latte up a notch or two in flavor. Creamy coconut milk is blended into chai tea for a warm, comforting beverage that is lower in fat and sugar, but full of flavor!
Servings: 1 latte
- 1 chai tea bag
- 6-8 ounces hot water
- 1 packet sugar substitute * see notes
- 2 tablespoons Thai Kitchen Coconut Milk
- star anise * optional, for garnish
Add your tea bag to a mug and pour 6-8 ounces of hot water over it. Steep for 4 minutes.
Remove the tea bag and whisk in the sugar substitute and Thai Kitchen Coconut Milk.
Top with 2-3 pieces of star anise, if desired, and serve hot.
Tips and Techniques for the Best Coconut Chai Tea Latte
- Be sure to give your can of coconut milk a really good shake before opening it. You can also whisk it once opened if there is still some clumping.
- We recommend using a sweetener made with a blend stevia and erythritol.
- Store extra coconut milk in an air-tight container in the refrigerator and shake or whisk before using it again as coconut milk naturally separates and solidifies.
Calories: 69kcal | Carbohydrates: 1g | Fat: 7g | Saturated Fat: 6g | Sodium: 13mg | Potassium: 78mg | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin C: 0.8mg | Iron: 0.5mg