Chocolate Peanut Butter Crispy Treats
These Chocolate Peanut Butter Rice Krispies Treats are unbelievably delicious. They are loaded with rich chocolate and creamy peanut butter, but the best part is the chopped Reese Cups that cover the top.
Servings: 9 treats
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 10oz bag marshmallows
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 6 cups Cocoa Krispies
- 6 Reese's Peanut Butter Cups * chopped
- 2 tablespoons chocolate chips
- 2 tablespoons peanut butter chips
Lightly butter the inside of an 8 x 8 or 9 x 11-inch baking dish.
Microwave the marshmallows and butter in a large microwave-safe bowl for 2 minutes. Stir then microwave for another minute and stir until smooth.
Add the peanut butter and mix until everything is well blended.
Gently fold in the Cocoa Krispies cereal until everything is covered in the marshmallow mixture.
Using damp hands, lightly press the cereal mixture evenly into the baking dish.
Sprinkle on the chopped Reese's Cups and press them into the treats.
Microwave the chocolate and peanut butter chips (individually) for 30 seconds, then stir. If they are not fully melted, continue to microwave on 15 second increments, stirring in between until they are melted and smooth.
Drizzle the melted chocolate and peanut butter chips onto the top of the treats.
Let cool at room temperature until the chocolate is set, then cut and serve.
Tips and Techniques
** Nutritional information is an estimate and may vary.
- For thicker Rice Krispies Treats, like shown in the photos, use an 8 x 8-inch pan. Or, for thinner treats, use a 9 x 11-inch pan.
- Lightly dampen your hands before pressing the Rice Krispies Treats into the pan to keep the marshmallow from sticking to them.
- Store Rice Krispies Treats individually wrapped in plastic wrap at room temperature. Use within 2-3 days for the best results.
Serving: 1treat | Calories: 406kcal | Carbohydrates: 57g | Protein: 8g | Fat: 18g | Saturated Fat: 8g | Cholesterol: 13mg | Sodium: 228mg | Potassium: 169mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 37g | Vitamin A: 887IU | Vitamin C: 9mg | Calcium: 44mg | Iron: 3mg