Vegetarian Sweet Potato Black Bean Tacos
Vegetarian tacos are loaded with flavor. These Sweet Potato Black Bean Tacos are super easy to prepare and stuffed with spiced sweet potatoes, black beans and a zesty avocado salsa for intense flavor. Additional topping suggestions are included to suite all tastes. Enjoy these tacos for your next Meatless Monday, Taco Tuesday or any other day of the week.
Servings: 4 servings
Sweet Potatoes and Black Beans
Cilantro Lime Avocado Salsa
- 1 avocado (diced small)
- 1/4 cup cilantro (minced)
- 1/2 lime (juiced)
- 1 teaspoon agave
- tortillas or taco shells of your choice
Preheat oven to 425°F.
Toss the sweet potatoes with the olive oil, chili powder, cumin and paprika until evenly coated.
Roast the sweet potatoes for 20 minutes, tossing halfway, or until fork tender.
While the sweet potatoes are roasting, add the black beans to a small saucepan over low heat to warm. Mix into the roasted sweet potatoes.
Prepare the avocado salsa by mixing the avocado, cilantro, lime juice, and agave in a small bowl.
To assemble the tacos, place the sweet potato mixture into the tortillas of your choice and top with the avocado salsa.
Add additional toppings, as desired. See notes for suggestions.
Tips and Techniques
- Honey can be substituted for agave, if preferred.
- Store leftover taco filling in an airtight container in the refrigerator. Use within 3-4 days.
- Leftover avocado doesn’t store well and will turn brown fairly quickly. You may want to consider purchasing a second avocado so that you can make a fresh batch when you are ready to eat any leftovers.
Want to add even more flavor to your tacos? Try any combination of these toppings:
** Nutritional information is an estimate and may vary. It does not include tortillas or taco shells.
Serving: 1serving | Calories: 205kcal | Carbohydrates: 26g | Protein: 3g | Fat: 11g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Sodium: 63mg | Potassium: 581mg | Fiber: 7g | Sugar: 6g | Vitamin A: 12223IU | Vitamin C: 8mg | Calcium: 39mg | Iron: 1mg