Broccoli Cheddar Cauliflower Hash Browns
Broccoli Cheddar Cauliflower Hash Browns are a delicious, low carb side that’s perfect alongside eggs and bacon!
Prep Time15 mins
Cook Time20 mins
Total Time35 mins
Servings: 12 hash browns
- 3 cups riced cauliflower
- 3 cups riced broccoli
- 4 ounces shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 egg
- salt and pepper * to taste
Preheat oven to 400°F. Line a baking sheet with a Silpat mat if you have one.
Place the riced cauliflower and broccoli in a microwave-safe bowl. Cook on high for 6 minutes.
Dump out the riced vegetables onto a kitchen towel and let it cool to the point you can handle it without it burning.
Once cool, wrap the towel around the vegetables and squeeze as much liquid as you can out of it. Place the vegetables back into the bowl.
Add the cheese, salt, pepper, garlic powder, and egg and mix well to combine.
Form into 12 even sized patties on a baking sheet. You can shape them anyway that you like.
Bake for 10 minutes, flip, then bake another 5-10 minutes or until golden brown.
Tips and Techniques for the Best Broccoli Cheddar Cauliflower Hash Browns
- Use fresh cauliflower and broccoli for the best results. Some grocery stores sell riced cauliflower in the produce department now if you'd prefer a little bit of a short cut.
- Shred the cheddar cheese from a block. Pre-shredded cheese is often coated in a starch to prevent it from sticking. This adds to the carb count and doesn't melt as nicely.
- Store extra hash browns in an air-tight container in the refrigerator and use within 3-4 days.
** Nutritional information is an estimate and may vary.
- Can cauliflower hash browns be made ahead of time? Cauliflower hash browns can be cooked ahead of time and stored in the refrigerator for a few days or in the freezer. Reheat them in the oven to crisp them up before serving.
- Can cauliflower hash browns be frozen? Yes. You can tightly wrap baked hash browns and store them in the freezer. Reheat them in the oven to crisp them up again.
Serving: 1serving | Calories: 61kcal | Carbohydrates: 3g | Protein: 4g | Fat: 3g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Cholesterol: 23mg | Sodium: 83mg | Potassium: 205mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 255IU | Vitamin C: 39.6mg | Calcium: 89mg | Iron: 0.5mg