How to Make Blueberry Sauce
Ever wonder how to make blueberry sauce? It's actually very easy and so much better when made fresh! Blueberry Sauce is the perfect topping for sweet treats, breakfast creations, and so much more!
Prep Time5 mins
Cook Time10 mins
Total Time15 mins
Servings: 4 servings
- 1 cup blueberries
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch mixed with 1 Tablespoon water
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
Tips and Techniques for the Best Blueberry Sauce
- You can use frozen blueberries, but allow them to thaw in a bowl of cold water before using.
** Nutritional information is an estimate and may vary.
- What can you use Blueberry Sauce on? Some ways that you can use this sauce would be to swirl it in oatmeal, as an ice cream sundae topping, or mixed into yogurt! You could also try it on top of a cheesecake, spread onto waffles, or as a delicious topping on a stack of warm pancakes, of course! From breakfast to dessert, the possibilities are truly endless!
- Can you freeze Blueberry Sauce? Yes, you can freeze Blueberry Sauce. Allow the sauce to cool before transferring to air-tight containers or freezer bags. Allow to thaw before rewarming to use.