Keto Avocado Cabbage Slaw
Crunchy cabbage and cucumber tossed in a zesty avocado sauce, make this Keto Avocado Cabbage Slaw a delicious compliment to many main dishes. It's a cool and refreshing side dish to serve at barbecues and cookouts as well!
Prep Time15 mins
Total Time15 mins
Servings: 4 servings
- 2 cups green cabbage * chopped or shredded
- 1 avocado * ripe
- 1 lime * juiced
- 1/4 cup cilantro * minced
- 1 cup cucumber * diced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
Mash avocado, juice from the lime, and cilantro together in a medium size bowl.
Add the cabbage and cucumber to the bowl and mix gently until evenly combined. Season with the salt and pepper, as needed.
Tips and Techniques For the Best Keto Avocado Cabbage Slaw
- You can add more or less lime juice to suit your own taste.
- If desired, add a keto-approved sweetener like stevia, monk fruit, or erythritol to balance out the tartness from the lime - start with small amount and gradually increase.
- You can blend the avocado, lime, and cilantro in a food processor if a smoother "sauce" is desired.
How to Store Extra Keto Avocado Cabbage Slaw
- It's best to eat this Keto Avocado Cabbage Slaw the day it's made, as avocados turn brown fairly quickly.
- You can prepare the cabbage and cucumber ahead of time and make the sauce right before serving, if needed.
Serving: 1serving | Calories: 98kcal | Carbohydrates: 8g | Protein: 1g | Fat: 7g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 301mg | Potassium: 365mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 2g | Vitamin A: 4% | Vitamin C: 29.1% | Calcium: 3% | Iron: 3.4%