White Cheddar Cauliflower Soup
Low carb White Cheddar Cauliflower Soup is made with cauliflower, sharp white cheddar cheese, and plenty of garlic. It's pureed into a silky, smooth soup that is delicious on it's own and the perfect compliment to salads and sandwiches
Servings: 4 servings
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 6 cloves garlic (minced)
- 4 cups cauliflower rice (from 1 medium head)
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 1/4 cups chicken bone broth (or chicken or vegetable stock)
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 teaspoon salt (or to taste)
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper (or to taste)
- 8 ounces white cheddar cheese (shredded)
Add the olive oil to a Dutch oven or large pot over medium heat. Add the garlic and cook for about 1 minute, until fragrant.
Stir in the cauliflower and water. Cover and steam, stirring occasionally, until tender, about 5-7 minutes.
Add the bone broth or stock, heavy cream, salt, and pepper. Raise the heat and bring to a boil, stirring often, for about 5 minutes.
Use either an immersion blender or transfer the soup to a stand blender to purée. Once puréed, add back to the pot.
Remove the pot from the heat and stir in the cheese until it’s completely melted.
Divide the soup between 4 bowls and serve hot.
Tips and Techniques
** Nutritional information is an estimate and may vary.
- Fresh cauliflower works best. You can often find pre-riced cauliflower in the produce department at the grocery store. Frozen cauliflower can be use, if needed, but fresh is always best.
- Grate the cheese from a block rather than buying prepackaged shredded cheese for best results.
- You can swap out the chicken bone broth for chicken stock or vegetable stock to make this recipe vegetarian. Just be aware that this will likely increase the total carbs slightly.
- Store extra soup in air-tight containers in the refrigerator and use within 3-4 days. You can also freeze the soup in air-tight containers and use with 2-3 months for best results.
Serving: 1serving | Calories: 301kcal | Carbohydrates: 11g | Protein: 7g | Fat: 26g | Saturated Fat: 14g | Cholesterol: 83mg | Sodium: 402mg | Potassium: 541mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 3g | Vitamin A: 895IU | Vitamin C: 78.9mg | Calcium: 96mg | Iron: 0.8mg