White Cheddar Cauliflower Soup
Low carb White Cheddar Cauliflower Soup is made with cauliflower, sharp white cheddar cheese, and plenty of garlic. It's pureed into a silky, smooth soup that is delicious on it's own and the perfect compliment to salads and sandwiches
Servings: 4 servings
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 6 cloves garlic * minced
- 4 cups cauliflower rice * from 1 medium head
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 1/4 cups chicken bone broth * or chicken or vegetable stock
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 8 ounces white cheddar cheese * shredded
- crumbled bacon * optional, for garnish
- extra shredded cheese * optional, for garnish
Add the olive oil to a Dutch oven or large pot over medium heat. Add the garlic and cook for about 1 minute, until fragrant.
Stir in the cauliflower and water. Cover and steam, stirring occasionally, until tender, about 5-7 minutes.
Add the bone broth, heavy cream, salt, and pepper. Raise the heat and bring to a boil, stirring often, for about 5 minutes.
Remove the pot from the heat and stir in the cheese until it’s completely melted.
Divide the soup between 4 bowls and top with extra cheese and crumbled bacon, if desired. Serve hot.
Tips & Techniques for the Best White Cheddar Garlic Cauliflower Soup
** Nutritional information is an estimate and may vary.
- Fresh cauliflower works best.
- Grate the cheese from blocks rather than buying prepackaged shredded cheese for best results.
- You can swap out the chicken bone broth for vegetable stock to make this recipe vegetarian. Just be aware that this will increase the total carbs slightly.
- Store extra soup in air-tight containers in the refrigerator and use within 3-4 days. You can also freeze the soup in air-tight containers and use with 2-3 months for best results.
Serving: 1serving | Calories: 301kcal | Carbohydrates: 11g | Protein: 7g | Fat: 26g | Saturated Fat: 14g | Cholesterol: 83mg | Sodium: 402mg | Potassium: 541mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 3g | Vitamin A: 895IU | Vitamin C: 78.9mg | Calcium: 96mg | Iron: 0.8mg