Creamy Roasted Red Pepper Pasta
Roasted Red Pepper Pasta is a creamy, delicious lunch or dinner recipe that takes only 20 minutes to make. It's vegetarian, but you can add chicken or sausage to make it even heartier.
Servings: 8 servings
- 1 pound dry pasta * use gluten free if needed
- 1 cup roasted red peppers * I use jarred, drained
- 1 clove garlic * minced
- 8 ounces cream cheese * at room temperature
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
Cook the pasta according to the directions on the package.
Add the roasted red peppers, garlic, cream cheese, basil, and lemon juice to a food processor, or blender, and pulse until it reaches the desired level of creaminess.
One the pasta is done cooking, drain and return it to the pan.
Add the sauce to the hot pasta and stir to combine until it's melted and creamy and the pasta is thoroughly coated.
Serve topped with additional diced roasted red peppers and fresh basil, if desired.
Tips and Techniques for the Best Roasted Red Pepper Pasta
** Nutritional information is an estimate and may vary.
- You can make the sauce ahead of time and store it, tightly covered, in the refrigerator until you need it.
- The sauce can be left a little chunky, if you prefer. If you’re trying to hide the veggies from the kids, you might want to puree it until it’s smooth.
- Cook any meat that you want to add to the recipe while the pasta is cooking. Then simply top the finished pasta with it, or stir it in.
Serving: 1serving | Calories: 311kcal | Carbohydrates: 44g | Protein: 9g | Fat: 10g | Saturated Fat: 5g | Cholesterol: 31mg | Sodium: 334mg | Potassium: 191mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 2g | Vitamin A: 470IU | Vitamin C: 8.5mg | Calcium: 48mg | Iron: 1mg