Vegetarian Creamy Roasted Red Pepper Pasta is so delicious and takes only 20 minutes to make!
This recipe for Creamy Roasted Red Pepper Pasta comes on the heels of a recipe I just made for Roasted Red Pepper Spread! In fact, it’s actually the same recipe that we are just using it in a completely different way!
This post contains affiliate links. See our Disclosure Statement for more information.
The Roasted Red Pepper Spread is great for sandwiches, wraps, crackers, and as a dip. When you take that same exact spread and add it to a bowl of hot pasta, it melts into an amazing creamy sauce.
This recipe is vegetarian as written, but you can add easily a protein, like grilled chicken, to it for a heartier meal. Serve a salad on the side, and dinner is done in around 20 minutes!
The prep work for this recipe is fairly minimal. All you will need to do is get a pot of water boiling, set up your food processor, and have out all the ingredients needed.
Cook your pasta according to the directions on the package.
While the pasta is cooking add all the ingredients for the sauce to the food processor. Pulse until well combined. It’s okay to leave it a little on the chunkier side if you like.
Once the pasta is done cooking, drain it and add the sauce. Stir to combine until the cream cheese is melted and all the pasta is coated in the sauce.
If you are adding a protein to this dish, be sure to cook it first, then add it to the pasta.
Pour the Creamy Roasted Red Pepper Pasta into a large serving dish, or individual bowls. Top with extra diced roasted red peppers and basil, if desired.
- 1 lb dry pasta * use gluten free if needed
- 1 Cup roasted red peppers I used jarred
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- Cook pasta according to the directions on the package.
- Add the roasted red peppers, garlic, cream cheese, basil, and lemon juice to the food processor and pulse until it reaches the desired level of chunkiness.
- One the pasta is done cooking, drain and return to pan. Add the sauce and stir to combine until the cream cheese is melted and the pasta is thoroughly coated.
- Serve topped with additional diced roasted red peppers and extra basil, if desired.
- Try adding cooked chicken, or another protein of your choice for an even heartier meal.