Vegetarian Creamy Roasted Red Pepper Pasta is so delicious and takes only 20 minutes to make!
This post contains affiliate links. See our Disclosure Statement for more information.
This recipe for Creamy Roasted Red Pepper Pasta comes on the heels of a recipe I made for Roasted Red Pepper Spread! In fact, it’s actually the same recipe that we are using it in a completely different way!
The Roasted Red Pepper Spread is great for sandwiches, wraps, crackers, and as a dip. When you take that same exact spread and add it to a bowl of hot pasta, it melts into an amazing, creamy sauce.
This recipe is vegetarian as written, but you can add easily a protein, like grilled chicken, to it for a heartier meal. Serve a salad on the side, and dinner is done in around 20 minutes!
The prep work for this recipe is fairly minimal. All you will need to do is get a pot of water boiling, set up your food processor, and have out all the ingredients needed.
Cook your pasta according to the directions on the package.
While the pasta is cooking add all the ingredients for the sauce to the food processor. Pulse until well combined. It’s okay to leave it a little on the chunkier side if you like.
Once the pasta is done cooking, drain it and add the sauce. Stir to combine until the cream cheese is melted and all the pasta is coated in the sauce.
If you are adding a protein to this dish, be sure to cook it first, then add it to the pasta.
Pour the Creamy Roasted Red Pepper Pasta into a large serving dish, or individual bowls. Top with extra diced roasted red peppers and basil, if desired.
Creamy Roasted Red Pepper Pasta
- Cook the pasta according to the directions on the package.
- Add the roasted red peppers, garlic, cream cheese, basil, and lemon juice to a food processor, or blender, and pulse until it reaches the desired level of creaminess.
- One the pasta is done cooking, drain and return it to the pan.
- Add the sauce to the hot pasta and stir to combine until it's melted and creamy and the pasta is thoroughly coated.
- Serve topped with additional diced roasted red peppers and fresh basil, if desired.
Tips and Techniques for the Best Roasted Red Pepper Pasta
- You can make the sauce ahead of time and store it, tightly covered, in the refrigerator until you need it.
- The sauce can be left a little chunky, if you prefer. If you’re trying to hide the veggies from the kids, you might want to puree it until it’s smooth.
- Cook any meat that you want to add to the recipe while the pasta is cooking. Then simply top the finished pasta with it, or stir it in.