Cheesy Cauliflower Soup
Cheesy Cauliflower Soup is an easy-to-make, delicious low-carb recipe! This keto friendly soup has only 6 net carbs per serving and is also gluten free!
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic * minced
- 1 shallot * or small white onion
- 5 cups cauliflower rice *from 1 large head of cauliflower
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 cups vegetable stock * use gluten free if needed
- 2 cups unsweetened almond milk * can use dairy milk, half-and-half or heavy cream
- 8 ounces cheddar cheese * grated
- salt and pepper * to taste
In a large stock pot, heat the olive oil over medium heat.
Add garlic and shallot and cook until fragrant and softened, about 1-2 minutes.
Add the cauliflower and water. Cover and steam the cauliflower until tender, stirring occasionally for 5-7 minutes.
Once the cauliflower is tender, add the vegetable stock to the pot along with the milk. Increase the heat and bring to a boil.
Lower the heat back down and simmer for about 5 minutes.
Turn off the heat and gradually mix in the cheddar cheese stirring until smooth.
Taste and season with salt and pepper as needed.
Serve hot, topped with extra cheese, scallions and/or crumbled bacon, if desired.
Tips and Techniques for the Best Cheesy Cauliflower Soup
- Save time by purchasing already riced cauliflower from the produce section of your local grocery store.
- Shred the cheese from a block for the best melting and texture.
- Use unsalted vegetable stock to control the amount of salt yourself.
- You can puree the soup with an immersion blender or in a stand blender if a smoother texture is desired.
- This recipe can be modified, as desired. As written, it is a vegetarian, low-carb, and gluten free soup. For all of you meat lovers out there, go ahead and mix in some bacon, or sprinkle it on top. You can also easily swap out the vegetable stock for chicken stock if that’s what you keep on hand in your pantry as well.
** Nutritional information is an estimate and may vary.
- How long does cauliflower soup last in the refrigerator? Store cauliflower soup in air-tight containers in the refrigerator and use within 4-5 days for the best results.
- Can cauliflower soup be frozen? This Cheesy Cauliflower Soup can be frozen in individual containers for quick meals. It’s best to use within 6 months.
Serving: 1serving | Calories: 227kcal | Carbohydrates: 9g | Protein: 10g | Fat: 16g | Saturated Fat: 8g | Cholesterol: 39mg | Sodium: 657mg | Potassium: 469mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 545IU | Vitamin C: 93.3mg | Calcium: 404mg | Iron: 0.9mg