Keto Sausage and Peppers Foil Packets with Cauliflower
Filled with plenty of juicy sausage and flavorful veggies, these Keto Sausage, Pepper and Cauliflower Foil Packets are the perfect meal for at home or out in the wild. They can be made on the grill or in the oven.
Servings: 4 servings
- 3 sweet peppers * red, yellow, or orange, cut into strips
- 1 shallot * minced
- 2 cloves garlic * minced
- 2 cups cauliflower florets
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 4 sausage links * each cut into 8 slices
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon fresh basil * cut into ribbons
Preheat oven to 400°F (or if grilling set the temperature to 350°F
Lay out 4 pieces of foil, each about 2 feet long.
Divide the strips of peppers onto one side of each of the pieces of foil.
Divide the cauliflower evenly over each and season with salt and pepper.
Top with even amounts of the shallots and garlic.
Top each pile with 8 slices of the sausage and 1 tablespoon of butter.
Fold the foil over the top and roll up all the edges tightly to prevent any juices from leaking out.
Bake in the oven for 30-35 minutes or until the cauliflower is fork-tender.
If grilling, cook for 15 minutes, then check the cauliflower for fork-tenderness. You may need to continue grilling for another 5-10 minutes.
Once packets are done cooking, carefully open and top with fresh basil.
Tips and Techniques For the Best Keto Sausage and Peppers Foil Packets
- You can do all the prep work ahead of time, all the way up to assembling the foil packets, if you prefer.
- Use caution when grilling as food tends to cook faster than it does in an oven.
- Store leftovers tightly wrapped in the refrigerator. Use within 3-4 days. If reheating in the microwave, be sure to remove the foil completely before heating!
** Nutritional information is an estimate and may vary.
- What kind of sausage is best to use in foil packet dinners? You can use any type of sausage in this recipe. I prefer to use chicken and apple, but you can use pork sausage as well.
- Can you make Sausage and Pepper Foil Packets ahead of time? Yes, you can make these foil packets ahead of time and store them in the fridge for up to a day before cooking them.
Serving: 1packet | Calories: 208kcal | Carbohydrates: 9g | Protein: 5g | Fat: 17g | Saturated Fat: 9g | Cholesterol: 44mg | Sodium: 439mg | Potassium: 408mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 5g | Vitamin A: 3185IU | Vitamin C: 139mg | Calcium: 23mg | Iron: 0.9mg