Vegetable Stir Fry with Peanut Sauce
Vegetable Stir Fry with Peanut Sauce is a super flavorful main dish recipe that can be made in less than 30 minutes! You can easily switch up the veggies to suit your own tastes!
Servings: 4 servings
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 1 clove garlic * minced
- 1 teaspoon ginger * minced
- 1 shallot * finely diced
- 2 Cups broccoli florets
- 1 Cup carrots * julienne cut
- 1 red pepper * cut into bite size strips
- 8 ounce can sliced water chestnuts * drained
- 1 Cup snow peas
- 1/2 Cup peanut sauce
- 1/4 Cup peanuts * roughly chopped
PREP: mince the garlic and ginger. Finely chop the shallot. Cut the broccoli, carrots, and red pepper into bite- size pieces. Drain the water chestnuts. Roughly chop the peanuts.
Heat the olive oil over medium heat in a large skillet. Add the garlic, ginger, and shallot and cook 2-3 minutes, until the shallot is translucent and softened.
Add the broccoli, carrots, red pepper, water chestnuts, and snow peas (or whichever veggies you chose to use). Cook for 3-4 minutes until crisp-tender. Remove the skillet from the heat and stir in the peanut sauce until well-blended.
Serve over rice or noodles and top with the chopped peanuts.
Tips and Techniques
- Have the rice or noodles that you are serving with this stir-fry cooking ahead of time.
- Have all your vegetables prepped and ready to go before you begin cooking.
- You can use bottled peanut sauce, or make your own!
- Swap out vegetables for ones you prefer to suit your own tastes.
- Great vegetables for stir-fry are: broccoli, cauliflower, snow peas, peppers, mushrooms, water chestnuts, baby corn and carrots.
Serving: 1serving | Calories: 243kcal | Carbohydrates: 26g | Protein: 7g | Fat: 12g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 464mg | Potassium: 513mg | Fiber: 5g | Sugar: 11g | Vitamin A: 6825IU | Vitamin C: 96.6mg | Calcium: 52mg | Iron: 2mg