Vegetable Stir Fry with Peanut Sauce
Vegetable Stir Fry with Peanut Sauce is a super flavorful main dish recipe that can be made in less than 30 minutes! You can easily switch up the veggies to suit your own tastes!
Prep Time15 mins
Cook Time10 mins
Total Time25 mins
Servings: 4 servings
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 1 clove garlic * minced
- 1 teaspoon ginger * minced
- 1 shallot * finely diced
- 2 Cups broccoli florets
- 1 Cup carrots * julienne cut
- 1 red pepper * cut into bite size strips
- 8 ounce can sliced water chestnuts * drained
- 1 Cup snow peas
- 1/2 Cup peanut sauce
- 1/4 Cup peanuts * roughly chopped
PREP: mince the garlic and ginger. Finely chop the shallot. Cut the broccoli, carrots, and red pepper into bite- size pieces. Drain the water chestnuts. Roughly chop the peanuts.
Heat the olive oil over medium heat in a large skillet. Add the garlic, ginger, and shallot and cook 2-3 minutes, until the shallot is translucent and softened.
Add the broccoli, carrots, red pepper, water chestnuts, and snow peas (or whichever veggies you chose to use). Cook for 3-4 minutes until crisp-tender. Remove the skillet from the heat and stir in the peanut sauce until well-blended.
Serve over rice or noodles and top with the chopped peanuts.
Tips and Techniques
- Have the rice or noodles that you are serving with this stir-fry cooking ahead of time.
- Have all your vegetables prepped and ready to go before you begin cooking.
- You can use bottled peanut sauce, or make your own!
- Swap out vegetables for ones you prefer to suit your own tastes.
- Great vegetables for stir-fry are: broccoli, cauliflower, snow peas, peppers, mushrooms, water chestnuts, baby corn and carrots.