Creamy Lemon Rosemary Potatoes
These Creamy Lemon Rosemary Potatoes are covered in a rich sauce with light touches of lemon and rosemary flavors - a delicious comfort food recipe!
Prep Time10 mins
Cook Time1 hr
Total Time1 hr 10 mins
Servings: 6 servings
- 1.5 pounds potatoes *cut into bite size pieces
- 2 Tablespoon butter
- 2 Tablespoon flour
- 1 1/2 Cups heavy cream
- 3 cloves garlic *minced
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest *from one lemon
- 1 Tablespoon fresh rosemary *or 1 tsp dried rosemary, minced
- 1 teaspoon salt * or to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper * or to taste
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
Preheat oven to 375°F. Dice the potatoes and place in a medium size baking dish
In a small saucepan, over medium-high heat, whisk together the butter and flour until smooth.
Gradually add 1 Cup of the heavy cream and let come to a boil, stirring constantly. Once it begins to thicken, add the remaining 1/2 Cup of heavy cream.
Lower the heat and keep stirring until thick and smooth, about 2-3 minutes.
Whisk in the garlic, lemon zest, rosemary, salt, and pepper.
Remove the pan from the heat and whisk in the lemon juice. Taste test the sauce and add more lemon juice, salt, and/or pepper, as desired.
Pour the cream mixture over the potatoes and cover with foil. Bake for 60 minutes or until the potatoes are fork-tender.
Top with fresh rosemary sprigs, if desired, and serve hot.
Tips and Techniques
- To lighten up the dish some, replace the heavy cream with an equal amount of milk.
- Store any leftovers in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3-5 days.
Serving: 1serving | Calories: 316kcal | Carbohydrates: 18g | Protein: 4g | Fat: 25g | Saturated Fat: 16g | Cholesterol: 91mg | Sodium: 455mg | Potassium: 518mg | Fiber: 2g | Vitamin A: 20% | Vitamin C: 17.6% | Calcium: 7.5% | Iron: 21.1%