Cauliflower Au Gratin
Keto Cauliflower Au Gratin is just as creamy and flavorful as Au Gratin Potatoes but with only 6 net carbs per serving. This gluten free side dish is the perfect comfort food!
Prep Time15 mins
Cook Time1 hr
Total Time1 hr 15 mins
Servings: 6 servings
- 4 cups cauliflower * cut florets into slices about 1/4" thick
- 4 slices bacon * cooked and crumbled
- 1 1/2 cups cheddar cheese * shredded
- 1 1/2 cups heavy cream
- 6 cloves garlic * minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
Preheat your oven to 350° F.
Place a layer of the sliced cauliflower florets into the bottom of a medium size baking dish and top with one third of the cheddar cheese and bacon.
Cover the cheese and bacon with another row of cauliflower, then another third of the cheese and bacon.
Top with one last layer of cauliflower. Set the remaining bacon and cheese aside.
Whisk together the heavy cream, garlic, salt, and pepper.
Pour all of the cream mixture evenly over the top of the cauliflower and cover tightly with foil.
Bake for 45 minutes, or until fork tender.
Once the cauliflower is tender, remove the foil and add the remaining cheddar cheese and bacon to the top.
Return to the oven for 5-10 more minutes, or until the cheese is melted and starting to brown.
Tips and Techniques for the Best Keto Cauliflower Au Gratin
** Nutritional information is an estimate and may vary.
- Cut the cauliflower into thin slices that resemble sliced potatoes and for easier layering.
- Shred the cheese from a block rather than using pre-shredded bagged cheese. Bagged shredded cheese contains anti-caking agents that don't allow the cheese to melt as nicely and give it a grittier texture.
- If you prefer a thicker sauce, you can try low carb thickeners (I don't care for them), or add 1-2 tablespoons of gluten free or regular flour (if you're not low carb).
- Store leftovers in an air-tight container in the refrigerator. Use within 3-5 days for best results.
Serving: 1serving | Calories: 402kcal | Carbohydrates: 7g | Protein: 12g | Fat: 37g | Saturated Fat: 22g | Cholesterol: 121mg | Sodium: 509mg | Potassium: 313mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 2g | Vitamin A: 1158IU | Vitamin C: 33mg | Calcium: 262mg | Iron: 1mg