Cauliflower Chicken Chowder
Creamy Cauliflower Chicken Chowder is made from scratch with all low carb, keto-friendly gluten free ingredients. With only 10 net carbs per serving, it's a warm, comforting, and filling dish.
Prep Time20 mins
Cook Time20 mins
Total Time40 mins
Servings: 4 servings
- 4 slices bacon * diced
- 3 cups cauliflower * steamed, from 1 small head
- 1 shallot * finely diced
- 2 cloves garlic * minced
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme leaves
- 1 pound chicken * cut into bite-size cubes
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup chicken stock * use gluten free, if necessary
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 4 ounces cream cheese
- 8 ounces sharp white cheddar cheese
Heat a large, deep skillet or Dutch oven over medium high and add the diced bacon.
Meanwhile, steam the cauliflower with 1 tablespoon of water in a microwave safe bowl covered with plastic wrap, vented on one edge for 5 minutes. Drain and set aside.
Cook the bacon until just crisp, then remove with a slotted spoon to a paper towel-lined plate.
Drain all but 1 tablespoon of the bacon grease from the pan, and return to medium heat.
Add the shallot, garlic, and thyme. Cook for 2-3 minutes or until the shallot is softened.
Season the chicken with the salt and pepper and add to the pan.
Cook until the chicken is no longer pink in the center, about 5-7 minutes.
Stir in the chicken stock, heavy whipping cream and cream cheese.
Raise the heat and bring to a boil to melt the cream cheese and thicken the chowder, stirring frequently.
Carefully add the cauliflower, remove the pan from the heat, and stir in the cheddar cheese.
Divide the soup between 4 bowls and top with an equal amount of the bacon and extra fresh thyme, if desired.
Tips and Techniques for the Best Cauliflower Chicken Chowder
** Nutritional information is an estimate and may vary
- Shred cheese from a block for the best melting without any graininess from the additives in bagged, shredded cheese.
- Use fresh thyme, if you can find it, for the best herb flavor.
- Store leftovers in air-tight containers in the refrigerator. Use within 3-4 days.
Serving: 1g | Calories: 788kcal | Carbohydrates: 12g | Protein: 33g | Fat: 68g | Saturated Fat: 37g | Cholesterol: 229mg | Sodium: 1049mg | Potassium: 600mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 4g | Vitamin A: 1983IU | Vitamin C: 41mg | Calcium: 508mg | Iron: 2mg