Easy Hollandaise Sauce
Made in the blender, this recipe takes 5 minutes to make! Serve this classic recipe over Eggs Benedict, broccoli, fish dishes and asparagus.
Prep Time5 mins
Total Time5 mins
Servings: 8 servings
- 4 egg yolks
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter
- pinch cayenne pepper * optional
Melt the butter in a sauce pan over medium-high heat until hot and foamy. You can also melt it in the microwave on 20-second increments.
Add the egg yolks, lemon juice, and salt to the blender and turn it onto high.
With the blender running, slowly pour in the melted butter through the flap on the lid until it’s well combined and starts to thicken.
Transfer the sauce to a bowl and serve warm.
Tips and Techniques for the Best Hollandaise Sauce
- Be sure to use unsalted butter.
- Fresh lemon juice works best in this recipe.
** Nutritional information is an estimate and may vary.
- What do you serve with Hollandaise Sauce? Traditionally Hollandaise Sauce is used over Eggs Benedict, asparagus, broccoli, and fish dishes.
- Can you make Hollandaise Sauce ahead of time? You can make Hollandaise Sauce ahead of time, but it is best used within a day. Store the sauce tightly covered in the refrigerator and gently reheat when you are ready to use it.
- What do you do if your Hollandaise Sauce breaks? If your sauce breaks, you can try whisking in boiling water, a few drops at a time, to get the sauce to come back together.
Serving: 1serving | Calories: 131kcal | Protein: 1g | Fat: 13g | Saturated Fat: 8g | Cholesterol: 128mg | Sodium: 78mg | Potassium: 9mg | Vitamin A: 485IU | Vitamin C: 0.7mg | Calcium: 15mg | Iron: 0.3mg