Maple Apple Pork Chops
Maple Apple Pork combines some of the season’s best flavors into one delicious dinner recipe! Simple pan-seared pork chops are smothered with apples in a creamy maple brandy sauce.
Prep Time10 mins
Cook Time15 mins
Total Time25 mins
- 1 pound pork chops
- salt and pepper
- 2 Tablespoons all purpose flour * use gluten free if needed
- 1 shallot
- 2 sweet apples * like gala, fuji, red delicious etc.
- 3 Tablespoons maple syrup
- 1/3 Cup brandy
- 1 Cup heavy cream
- 1 Tablespoon mustard powder
Pat the pork chops dry with a paper towel and season with salt and pepper.
Dredge the pork chops in the flour until lightly coated.
Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the pork chops and cook until golden brown, about 3 minutes per side.
While the pork cooks, finely chop the shallot and dice the apple into bite-side pieces.
Add the apples and shallot to the pan with the pork and cook for a minute or two, stirring frequently.
Pour in the maple syrup, then the brandy. Be careful as the brandy may flame as the alcohol cooks off. Add the heavy cream and mustard powder and stir well. Cook until the sauce thickens about 5 minutes.
Serve the pork chops topped with apples and maple-brandy sauce.
Tips and Techniques
- If you don't have brandy on hand, or would rather not use alcohol, you can use apple juice as a substitute.
- We recommend using real maple syrup for the best results.
- Use a gluten free all purpose flour to dredge the pork in to make this recipe gluten free.
- This dish is delicious served over mashed potatoes with a side of vegetables like broccoli, Brussels sprouts, or carrots.
How to Store Leftover Maple Apple Pork Chops
- Store any leftover Maple Apple Pork Chops in an air-tight container in the refrigerator. Use within 3-4 days.
- Freezing is not a recommended method of storage for this recipe.
Serving: 1serving | Calories: 542kcal | Carbohydrates: 28g | Protein: 26g | Fat: 30g | Saturated Fat: 16g | Cholesterol: 157mg | Sodium: 80mg | Potassium: 632mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 19g | Vitamin A: 925IU | Vitamin C: 5mg | Calcium: 73mg | Iron: 1.1mg