Maple Apple Pork Chops
This Maple Apple Pork Chops recipe combines some of falls best flavors into one delicious dinner recipe. Simple pan-seared pork chops are smothered with apples in a creamy maple brandy sauce that is absolutely to die for!
- 1 pound pork chops
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons all purpose flour * use gluten free if needed
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 shallot * minced
- 2 firm, sweet apples * like gala, fuji, or red delicious, cut into bite size pieces
- 3 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1/3 cup brandy
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 tablespoon mustard powder
Pat the pork chops dry with a paper towel and season with salt and pepper.
Dredge the pork chops in the flour until lightly coated.
Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the pork chops and cook until golden brown, about 3 minutes per side or until the internal temperature reaches 145°F. Remove to a plate and tent with aluminum foil.
Lower the heat to medium and melt the butter in the hot pan. Add the shallot and apples. Cook for just a minute or two, stirring frequently.
Slowly pour in the maple syrup, then the brandy. Be careful as the brandy may flame as the alcohol cooks off.
Deglaze the pan, scraping up any browned bit from the bottom.
Pour in the heavy cream and mustard powder and stir well. Raise the heat back up to medium-high and cook until the sauce is hot and bubbly and thickens, about 5 minutes.
Serve the pork chops topped with apples and maple-brandy sauce.
Tips and Techniques
** Nutritional information is an estimate and may vary.
- If you don't have brandy on hand, or would rather not use alcohol, you can use apple juice as a substitute. I've even made this recipe with bourbon when I've found myself without brandy. It works just as good!
- Use real maple syrup for the best results.
- Use a gluten free all purpose flour to dredge the pork in to make this recipe gluten free.
- Store leftover pork chops in an airtight container in the refrigerator. Use within 3-4 days.
Serving: 1serving | Calories: 542kcal | Carbohydrates: 28g | Protein: 26g | Fat: 30g | Saturated Fat: 16g | Cholesterol: 157mg | Sodium: 80mg | Potassium: 632mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 19g | Vitamin A: 925IU | Vitamin C: 5mg | Calcium: 73mg | Iron: 1.1mg