This simple, family friendly recipe for Garlic Rice elevates plain rice without any extra effort. It is buttery, delicious, and quick to prepare. Garlic Butter Rice is a wonderful pairing to most entrees.
Servings: 4 servings
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 6 cloves garlic (minced)
- 1 cup jasmine rice (or any rice that you prefer)
- 1 1/2 cups water (see notes if using a different type of rice)
- salt (to taste)
Melt the butter in a medium saucepan over medium heat.
1 tablespoon butter
Add the garlic and cook, stirring frequently, for 1 minute.
6 cloves garlic
Add the rice and stir to coat in the garlic butter.
1 cup jasmine rice
Pour in the water and season with salt. Bring to a boil, cover, reduce heat to low and simmer until tender, about 15-20 minutes.
1 1/2 cups water, salt
Fluff with a fork and serve.
Tips and Techniques
** Nutritional information is an estimate and may vary.
- If you use a rice other than jasmine, refer to the packaging for the water to rice ratio. The cook time may be slightly different, as well.
- Try mixing in lemon or lime zest, fresh herbs, nuts or cheese to amplify the flavor even more.
- Store leftovers in an airtight container in the refrigerator. Use within 3-4 days.
Serving: 1serving | Calories: 201kcal | Carbohydrates: 38g | Protein: 4g | Fat: 3g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 1g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 8mg | Sodium: 8mg | Potassium: 72mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 88IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 25mg | Iron: 1mg