Keto Chicken Stir Fry
Keto Chicken Stir Fry is a classic chicken dinner recipe with a few simple modifications to keep in low in carbohydrates and sugar. This meal takes just 30 minutes and is a healthier alternative to take out.
Chicken Stir Fry
- 2 tablespoons avocado oil * divided
- 1.5 pounds boneless, skinless chicken * cut into bite size pieces
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup broccoli florets
- 1 cup green beans * trimmed
- 1 red bell pepper * cut into thin strips
- 2 cloves garlic * minced
- 1 tablespoon ginger * minced or grated
- green onions * sliced thin, optional
- sesame seeds * optional
Keto Stir Fry Sauce
Whisk together the stock, coconut aminos, rice vinegar, brown sugar substitute, tomato paste, and sesame oil. Set aside.
Chicken Stir Fry
Heat 1 tablespoon of the avocado oil in a wok or large, deep skillet on medium-high heat. Once hot, season the chicken with salt and pepper and add to the pan. Cook until the center of the chicken is no longer pink, about 5-7 minutes, then remove to a plate and set aside.
Add the remaining avocado oil to the pan along with the broccoli, green beans, and pepper. Cook until just crisp-tender, about 4-5 minutes.
Stir in the ginger and garlic and cook for 30-60 seconds longer.
Add the chicken back to the pan and carefully pour in the stir-fry sauce. Cook another 1-2 minutes or until everything is heated through, being careful not to over cook.
Garnish with slices of green onion or scallions and sesame seeds, if desired. Enjoy as is, or serve over cauliflower rice or zucchini noodles.
Tips and Techniques
** Nutritional information is an estimate and may vary.
- Low carb vegetables that can be used instead of, or in addition to the ones listed in this recipe are: cauliflower, zucchini, summer squash, carrots in small amounts, onion, and mushrooms.
- If a thicker sauce is desired, mix 1/8 teaspoon of xanthan gum into a 1/4 cup of the hot stir-fry sauce, whisk well then return it back to the pan and blend.
- Store leftovers in an airtight container in the refrigerator. Use within 3-4 days.
Serving: 1g | Calories: 357kcal | Carbohydrates: 12g | Protein: 39g | Fat: 16g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Cholesterol: 110mg | Sodium: 1047mg | Potassium: 910mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 4g | Vitamin A: 1375IU | Vitamin C: 65mg | Calcium: 32mg | Iron: 1mg