Pork Piccata is a low carb, gluten free adaptation of classic chicken piccata. Thin cut pork chops are dredged in almond flour and pan-fried. They are then topped with zesty, lemon and caper butter sauce.
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1 shallot (diced)
- 4 cloves garlic (minced)
- 1 cup white wine
- 1/4 cup lemon juice (fresh squeezed)
- 1/4 cup capers (drained)
- fresh parsley (optional, garnish)
Fried Pork Chops
Combine the almond flour, salt and pepper on a plate or in a shallow bowl.
Dredge the pork in the almond flour mixture and place on a plate.
Heat 1 tablespoon of the butter and the olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Once the butter-oil mixture is hot and sizzles when drops of water are sprinkled over it, add the pork.
Cook until golden brown, about 3-4 minutes, then flip and cook an additional 2-3 minutes or until the bottom is golden brown and the pork is cooked through.
Remove to a clean plate.
Reduce the heat to medium and add the remaining 1 tablespoon of butter to the pan. Once melted, add the shallots and garlic and cook until softened, about 2 minutes.
Slowly pour in the wine, raise the heat, and bring to a boil. Reduce by half, scraping up any browned bits.
Once reduced, add the lemon juice and capers and stir.
Place the pork back into the pan to warm through.
Serve the pork chops topped with spoonfuls of the piccata sauce and garnished with fresh parsley, if desired.
Tips and Techniques
** Nutritional information is an estimate and may vary.
- To lower the net carbs in this recipe even more, you can eliminate the shallot and/or almond flour. If you eliminate the almond flour, simply pan sear the chicken seasoned with salt and pepper in the skillet.
- You can use chicken stock or, even better, chicken bone broth instead of white wine. I have also made this recipe using a dry sherry wine and it was delicious!
- Store leftovers separately in an airtight container in the refrigerator. Use within 3-4 days.
Serving: 1g | Calories: 488kcal | Carbohydrates: 8g | Protein: 40g | Fat: 28g | Saturated Fat: 9g | Cholesterol: 129mg | Sodium: 680mg | Potassium: 726mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 2g | Vitamin A: 190IU | Vitamin C: 8mg | Calcium: 57mg | Iron: 2mg