Crispy Baked Cod
Crispy Baked Cod is very easy to prepare and a delicious family-friendly recipe. Mild cod fillets are topped with a simple breadcrumb topping seasoned with fresh lemon, garlic, and parsley.
- 1.5 pounds cod fish fillets
- 1/4 cup seasoned breadcrumbs * can use gluten free or panko
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon parsley * minced
- 3 cloves garlic * minced
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice * fresh squeezed
- 2 tablespoons butter * melted
Preheat oven to 400°F.
Cut the cod into 4 fillets, if necessary, and place on a baking sheet.
In a small bowl, combine the breadcrumbs, salt, pepper, parsley, garlic, lemon juice, and melted butter. Stir until well combined. The mixture will be thick.
Press the breadcrumb mixture onto the tops of the cod fillets. It doesn’t have to be perfect or cover the entire top of the fish completely. If you have thinner, wider fillets, you may want to double the breadcrumb mixture.
Bake for 10-12 minutes or until the internal temperature of the cod reads 145°F on an oven thermometer inserted into the center of the thickest part of the fillet. It should also be opaque throughout and flake easily with a fork.
For a crispier topping, place the cod under the broiler for a minute or two, watching closely to ensure that it doesn’t burn.
Garnish with lemon slices and additional fresh parsley, if desired.
Tips and Techniques
** Nutritional information is an estimate and may vary.
- You can pat the cod with paper towels if it’s excessively wet, but it is best to keep the fish slightly moist to help the breadcrumbs stick to the top of it.
- Freshly squeezed lemon juice and fresh parsley are best, but you can use bottled lemon juice and dried parsley if needed. Your cod will still be very flavorful!
- Bake lemon slices along the sides of the cod to serve as garnish once the dish is ready. Do not put them on top while baking or the bread crumbs won’t get crispy where they are covered.
- Store leftover baked cod in an airtight container in the refrigerator. Use within 3 days.
Serving: 1g | Calories: 223kcal | Carbohydrates: 6g | Protein: 32g | Fat: 7g | Saturated Fat: 4g | Cholesterol: 88mg | Sodium: 484mg | Potassium: 729mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 342IU | Vitamin C: 4mg | Calcium: 45mg | Iron: 1mg