Broiled Cod with Lemon Butter Garlic Sauce
Broiled Cod with Lemon Garlic Butter Sauce is a quick and easy, family friendly recipe. It takes just 5 ingredients and less than 20 minutes to put this delicious meal on the table. This recipe is also perfect for those following low carb, keto, or gluten free diets, as well.
- 1 pound cod fillets (4 fillets)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 4 cloves garlic (minced)
- 1 tablespoon fresh squeezed lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley (minced)
Preheat the broiler on the oven. Pat the cod with a paper towel, then season both sides with the salt and pepper.
Melt the butter over medium-high heat in a cast iron or oven-proof skillet that is no bigger than 12 inches. Add the garlic and cook, stirring constantly, for 30 seconds, then stir in the lemon juice and zest.
Place the cod fillets in the pan and cook for 1 minute, then carefully turn them over.
Place the skillet in the oven about 4-6 inches from the broiler. Broil for 6-9 minutes, depending on the thickness of your fillets, or until the internal temperature of the cod reaches 130-140°F on a meat thermometer inserted into the center of the thickest portion of a fillet.
Garnish with the parsley and extra lemon slices, if desired, and serve.
Tips and Techniques
** Nutritional information is an estimate and may vary.
- Choose cod fillets that are approximately the same size and thickness to ensure even cooking.
- If you don’t have an oven-proof skillet, you can place the cod fillets in a baking dish. Prepare the Lemon Garlic Butter Sauce as instructed in the recipe card, then pour the sauce over the fillets before broiling.
- Store leftover cod in an airtight container in the refrigerator. Use within 3-4 days.
Serving: 1g | Calories: 200kcal | Carbohydrates: 2g | Protein: 21g | Fat: 12g | Saturated Fat: 7g | Cholesterol: 79mg | Sodium: 355mg | Potassium: 491mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 564IU | Vitamin C: 7mg | Calcium: 30mg | Iron: 1mg