Roasted Apple Arugula Salad
This Roasted Apple Arugula Salad recipe is made with a delicious combination of arugula, roasted apples with herbs, walnuts, and a fresh, lemony dressing.
Servings: 2 servings
- 2 fugi apples * or similar variety
- 1 shallot
- 1 tablespoon fresh rosemary * minced or 1/2 tablespoon dried
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme leaves * or 1/2 teaspoon dried
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- salt and pepper * to taste
- 2 tablespoons walnuts * halves and pieces
- 4 cups arugula
Roasted Apples, Shallots, and Walnuts
Preheat your oven to 400°F and line a baking sheet with a Silpat mat, if desired.
Add the apples, shallot, rosemary, thyme, and 1 tablespoon of the olive oil to a medium bowl and toss until everything is well coated.
Spread evenly onto the baking sheet and season with salt and pepper.
Roast the apples for 15-20 minutes, until tender.
Push the apples to one side of the baking sheet and add the walnuts to the empty side.
Toast the walnuts for 3-5 minutes, checking often to avoid burning them.
Remove the apples and walnuts from oven and let them cool some.
Lemon Mustard Dressing
While the apples are roasting, whisk together the remaining 2 tablespoons of olive oil, lemon juice, and mustard.
Season with salt and pepper, to taste.
Divide the arugula between two bowls and top evenly with the roasted apples and walnuts.
Drizzle on the dressing and serve.
Tips and Techniques for the Best Roasted Apple Arugula Salad
** Nutritional information is an estimate and may vary.
- You can roast the apples ahead of time. Store them in the refrigerator so that you can quickly make salads, as needed.
- This salad can be enjoyed warm or chilled.
Serving: 1serving | Calories: 373kcal | Carbohydrates: 31g | Protein: 3g | Fat: 28g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Sodium: 71mg | Potassium: 428mg | Fiber: 6g | Sugar: 21g | Vitamin A: 1125IU | Vitamin C: 22.8mg | Calcium: 85mg | Iron: 1.4mg