Homemade Breakfast Sausage
Making your own breakfast sausage patties can be so simple! This Homemade Maple Pork Sausage is made with ground pork and pantry staples!
Servings: 5 servings
Combine the ground pork, sage, salt, pepper, nutmeg, allspice, and maple syrup in a medium bowl. Mix gently to combine.
Form the sausage mixture into 10 round patties.
Heat the olive oil on medium in a large skillet. Add the sausage and cook for 3-4 minutes per side. You may have to work in batches.
Remove to a paper towel to absorb excess oil before serving.
Tips & Technique for the Best Homemade Breakfast Sausage with Maple
- For the best maple flavor use pure maple syrup (unless you are following a low carb or keto diet, then see the next tip).
- To make this recipe keto-friendly, use a keto-approved maple syrup.
- Store any leftover sausage in an air-tight container in the refrigerator. Use within 5-7 days.
** Nutritional information is an estimate and may vary.
- What is the difference between Italian sausage and breakfast sausage? The biggest difference between these two types of sausage is the spices used. While breakfast sausage typically features plenty of sage, Italian sausage uses fennel among other spices.
- Can you make homemade sausage with ground turkey? Yes, you can make this recipe exactly the same way but replace the ground pork with ground turkey.
Serving: 2patties | Calories: 286kcal | Carbohydrates: 5g | Protein: 15g | Fat: 22g | Saturated Fat: 7g | Cholesterol: 65mg | Sodium: 516mg | Potassium: 278mg | Sugar: 4g | Vitamin C: 0.7mg | Calcium: 21mg | Iron: 0.8mg