Dark Chocolate Hazelnut Cookies
Dark Chocolate Hazelnut Cookies are thick, chewy, rich cookies loaded with sweet chocolate chips and crunchy hazelnuts. These fudgy cookies pair deliciously will an ice cold glass of milk.
Servings: 24 cookies
Combine the flour, dark cocoa powder, baking soda, baking powder, and salt in a medium bowl. Set aside.
In the bowl of an electric mixer, cream together the butter, sugar, and brown sugar.
Add the egg and hazelnut extract.
Set the mixer speed to low and gradually add the dry ingredients. The batter will be thick.
Stir in the hazelnuts and chocolate chips.
Wrap the dough in plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least one hour.
Preheat oven to 350°F.
Roll about 1 tablespoon full of dough into a ball and place on a baking sheet. Flatten slightly. Space cookies 1-2 inches apart.
Bake 12-15 minutes. Let cool about 5 minutes before transferring to a cooling rack.
Tips and Techniques For Perfect Cookies
** Nutritional information is an estimate and may vary.
- Measure the flour by spooning it into a measuring cup. Do not pack it.
- Ensure that the baking powder and baking soda that you are using are fresh and not expired.
- Chill the dough to help keep the cookies from spreading too much when baking.
- Check the oven temperature with an oven thermometer to ensure that it’s actually heated to the proper temperature.
- Store cookies in an airtight container at room temperature. Use within 1-2 weeks.
Serving: 1cookie | Calories: 128kcal | Carbohydrates: 16g | Protein: 2g | Fat: 7g | Saturated Fat: 4g | Cholesterol: 17mg | Sodium: 56mg | Potassium: 101mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 9g | Vitamin A: 127IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 26mg | Iron: 1mg