Barbecue Pulled Pork Sweet Potato Rounds
Barbecue Pulled Pork Sweet Potato Rounds are a delicious appetizer or meal. The combination of smoky barbecue sauce and sweet sweet potatoes is just perfection. These little rounds are a must make!
Servings: 12 rounds
- 2 small sweet potatoes
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup barbecue pulled pork * notes
- 1/4 cup cheddar cheese * shredded
- fresh parsley * minced
Preheat oven to 425°F.
Scrub the sweet potatoes and cut into approximately 12 1/2-inch thick slices and place in a single layer on a baking sheet.
Brush both sides with olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
Roast for 10-12 minutes or until the sweet potato rounds are just fork tender.
Evenly divide the pulled pork onto each sweet potato round.
Return to the oven for a minute or two to warm the pork.
Garnish with the cheddar cheese and fresh minced parsley.
This recipe is currently being revised. The ingredients and steps in this recipe card are correct for sweet potato rounds. If you prefer to use crackers, please see the actual post for instructions.
Tips and Techniques
** Nutritional information is an estimate and may vary.
- Make a batch of your favorite pulled pork recipe, buy a tub of pre-made pulled pork from the grocery store, or make your own in a slow cooker with your favorite bottle of barbecue sauce.
- Additional toppings for these Barbecue Pulled Pork Sweet Potato Rounds include caramelized onions, mozzarella cheese, pickled jalapeno pepper, and/or pickles.
- Store leftovers in an airtight container in the refrigerator. Use within 3-4 days of the pork being cooked.
Serving: 1round | Calories: 75kcal | Carbohydrates: 8g | Protein: 3g | Fat: 3g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 11mg | Sodium: 241mg | Potassium: 73mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 4g | Vitamin A: 3127IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 33mg | Iron: 1mg