Blueberry Oat Muffins
Blueberry Oat Muffins are delicious, moist, to-die-for muffins that you and your family will love. They are made with oats, vanilla Greek yogurt and half-and-half to give them incredible flavor and tenderness. This recipe is lower in sugar and easy enough to make that you can enjoy blueberry muffins anytime you wish.
Servings: 16 muffins
Coat either a standard or jumbo muffin pan with butter (recommended), cooking spray, or liners. Preheat oven to 350°F.
Add the flour, sugar, oats, baking soda, baking powder, and salt to a large bowl and stir to combine.
In the smaller bowl add the Greek yogurt, half-and-half, butter, eggs, and vanilla extract and whisk well.
Gradually add the wet ingredients to the bowl of dry ingredients and combine. The batter will be thick.
Gently fold in the blueberries.
Fill each well of the muffin tin about 2/3rds of the way full. Each muffin is approximately 1/4 cup of batter.
Bake for 20-25 minutes for a standard muffin pan or until a toothpick inserted into the center of a muffin comes out clean. For a jumbo muffin pan you will need to bake an additional 5-10 minutes.
Tips and Techniques for the Best Blueberry Muffins
** Nutritional information is an estimate and may vary.
- Swap out blueberries for any other berries if you'd like to change up the flavor.
- You can use frozen blueberries in place of fresh. There is no need to defrost them ahead of time.
- You can toss the blueberries will a small amount of flour to coat them before mixing into the batter to help keep them from sinking to the bottom while baking.
- Add 5-7 minutes to the bake time for jumbo muffins.
- If you prefer sweeter muffins, you can add a basic streusel to the top of the muffin batter before baking.
- Store extra muffins covered with plastic wrap, or place them inside a plastic bag, and store at room temperature for up to 3 days.
Serving: 1muffin | Calories: 157kcal | Carbohydrates: 26g | Protein: 4g | Fat: 4g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 29mg | Sodium: 158mg | Potassium: 102mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 9g | Vitamin A: 130IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 29mg | Iron: 1mg