Sweet Chili Lime Shrimp Skewers
These Sweet Chili Lime Grilled Shrimp are sweet and zesty. Both adults and kids love them! They are super easy to make so you can spend less time cooking and more time enjoying each other this summer season!
Servings: 4 servings
- 1/2 cup sweet chili sauce
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro * or 1 tablespoon dried cilantro
- 1 pound shrimp * peeled and deveined with tails on
Whisk together the sweet chili sauce, lime juice, and cilantro in a small bowl. Set aside.
Depending on the size of your shrimp, place 6-8 on each skewer.
Light your grill and get the temperature around 350°F. * See recipe notes for oven instructions.
Place your skewers on the grill in an area of indirect heat (like the top rack of your grill).
Baste the top side with the sauce and cook for 2 minutes.
Rotate the skewers and baste the opposite side.
Continue grilling, basting, and rotating until the shrimp are pink and slightly opaque - about 2-4 minutes longer.
Remove from the grill and serve with extra fresh cilantro and lime wedges, if desired.
How to Make Sweet Chili Lime Shrimp Skewers in the Oven
- Prep the sauce and skewers as directed in the recipe card.
- Place your shrimp skewers on a foil-lined baking sheet. Baste both sides with the Sweet Chili Lime Sauce.
- Bake for 3-4 minutes, then re-baste both sides again.
- Return to the oven and cook for 3-4 minutes longer or until the shrimp are opaque and cooked through.
Tips and Techniques for the Best Sweet Chili Lime Shrimp
** Nutritional information is an estimate and may vary.
- Shrimp cook really fast so be sure to prep and cook your side dishes appropriately.
- If you are using wooden skewers, you need to soak them in water for at least 30 minutes prior to grilling or baking.
- Store any leftovers in an air-tight container in the refrigerator. Use within 2-3 days.
Serving: 1serving | Calories: 180kcal | Carbohydrates: 16g | Protein: 23g | Fat: 2g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 286mg | Sodium: 1200mg | Potassium: 91mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 15g | Vitamin A: 15IU | Vitamin C: 5.5mg | Calcium: 164mg | Iron: 2.4mg